Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apparently done deals

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I meant to also add that my Huddersfield colleague thought Muzza was our MOM last week.

Most opposition fans notice this, several Southampton fans asked me why he didn't start against them as he completely changed the game, whenever we are on TV the commentators drool over his performances yet there are still chumps on here that don't rate him. I despair sometimes.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Hull are interested in Austin, and now have plenty of money to spend. That should be enough to rule us out no?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Most opposition fans notice this, several Southampton fans asked me why he didn't start against them as he completely changed the game, whenever we are on TV the commentators drool over his performances yet there are still chumps on here that don't rate him. I despair sometimes.
Of cause he is quality at certain things and nobody denies that,but scoring goals isn't one of those things is it?:glare:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Of cause he is quality at certain things and nobody denies that,but scoring goals isn't one of those things is it?:glare:

Glenn Murray
2010/11
Games 22, Goals 6
2009/10
Games 36, Goals 14
2008/09
Games 27, Goals 12
2007/08
Games 21, Goals 9.

Total
Games 106, Goals 41.

Better than 1 in 3. Can't hit a barn door. Shit. Get rid. OR...he's currently on a dry spell of goals, but links up play brilliantly, bringing others into the game, and is the focal point of our 'plan B' due to his aerial dominance. He wins penalties and free kicks, he never stops running...Murray alongside a natural 'poacher' would get us promoted. Shipping him out because he doesn't score 25 goals a season is idiotic and shortsighted.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I don't hope we lose Murray. Murray is our one class striker- he needs to be paired with A N Other, not replaced by them.

Agreed, but if he is stalling on a new contract (I don't know, they may not even have opened negotiations with him), then we need to get something back for him, as he can leave for nothing at the end of the season. Having said that, I would love to see Austin and Murray up front together.

southstandg

Dec 17, 2010
Sussex by the sea
Glenn Murray
2010/11
Games 22, Goals 6
2009/10
Games 36, Goals 14
2008/09
Games 27, Goals 12
2007/08
Games 21, Goals 9.

Total
Games 106, Goals 41.

Better than 1 in 3. Can't hit a barn door. Shit. Get rid. OR...he's currently on a dry spell of goals, but links up play brilliantly, bringing others into the game, and is the focal point of our 'plan B' due to his aerial dominance. He wins penalties and free kicks, he never stops running...Murray alongside a natural 'poacher' would get us promoted. Shipping him out because he doesn't score 25 goals a season is idiotic and shortsighted.

Totally agree with you, sounds like a plan!

Danks

Aug 19, 2010
Well O.k....We'll have Noone but how about takeing Wright-Phillips to, He's knocking em in!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Glenn Murray
2010/11
Games 22, Goals 6
2009/10
Games 36, Goals 14
2008/09
Games 27, Goals 12
2007/08
Games 21, Goals 9.

Total
Games 106, Goals 41.

Fred Binney made 70 appearances for the Albion at this level and scored 35 goals (1 in 2) but was ousted by the partnership of Ward and Mellor. Superfred's next club was Argyle.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Perhaps Murray is stalling on signing a contract until he sees if he gets a decent strike partner which in turn will give him am idea which division he will be playing in next season.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I can't see Austin coming here tbh. Tony Bloom has stated on a number of occassions that he doesn't like doing business in January; he probably wouldn't stump up the kind of money that Swindon would be looking for; Austin's wage demands would be too high for The Albion & he probably wouldn't want to come here anyway. Apart from that, I guess it's a nailed-on. :thumbsup:

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Cr*p if GM played as he did in those two every week, what you say would have some credibility.

Unfortunately e.g. we go to places like Hartlepool and Carlisle when he might have well just stayed on the coach, thats why Gus will definitely replace him, and no i dont have inside knowledge on that just a gut instinct.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I can't see Austin coming here tbh. Tony Bloom has stated on a number of occassions that he doesn't like doing business in January; he probably wouldn't stump up the kind of money that Swindon would be looking for; Austin's wage demands would be too high for The Albion & he probably wouldn't want to come here anyway. Apart from that, I guess it's a nailed-on. :thumbsup:

Locals to me say Millwall offered £750k for him in prev transfer window and it was turned down, I suspect that to be close to truth, so suggest that that is way above our budget, unless theres been a massive change in Mr Bloom's approach.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Cr*p if GM played as he did in those two every week, what you say would have some credibility.

Unfortunately e.g. we go to places like Hartlepool and Carlisle when he might have well just stayed on the coach, thats why Gus will definitely replace him, and no i dont have inside knowledge on that just a gut instinct.

I went to Hartlepool, and he was our best player by a mile. Won everything in the air and didn't put a foot wrong. Poor example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here