Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apology from Poyet?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Wasn't there so not sure exactly what Gus did but it's not surprising that he's riled by remarks about his behaviour not being what we're used to in England. FFS he's been here so long, he surely understands the culture.

When that Huddersfield player - can't remember his name - took a dive, and then did it again, was that filthy foreign behaviour? He looked pretty British to me. Likewise, Murray made the most of Clarke's shoulder barge and hit the deck - has he got South American relatives we haven't heard about it.

You can be sure that if the roles were reversed and their striker had hit the deck when challenged by the last man, Clark would have been berating the fourth official too. Using Gus's nationality to back his argument was pathetic.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wasn't there so not sure exactly what Gus did but it's not surprising that he's riled by remarks about his behaviour not being what we're used to in England. FFS he's been here so long, he surely understands the culture.

When that Huddersfield player - can't remember his name - took a dive, and then did it again, was that filthy foreign behaviour? He looked pretty British to me. Likewise, Murray made the most of Clarke's shoulder barge and hit the deck - has he got South American relatives we haven't heard about it.

You can be sure that if the roles were reversed and their striker had hit the deck when challenged by the last man, Clark would have been berating the fourth official too. Using Gus's nationality to back his argument was pathetic.

It's one thing players taking a tumble, and they get the abuse they deserve, it is another waving imaginary cards at people though shirley?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just said it on the other thread, but why does everyone think Casper's timewasting?

This is our style of football and it's all about keeping posession. The keeper launching is just giving a 50/50 ball, we want it to go to our players and build from the back.

I guess it's the long ball attitude to football in this country, and thinking about it if our own fans at withdean do it :tosser: I guess we should expect it from away teams.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It's one thing players taking a tumble, and they get the abuse they deserve, it is another waving imaginary cards at people though shirley?

But for Lee Clarke to have a go at OUR manager, while his side were IMO doing far worse by holding their heads every time they hit the floor, and Garner diving at least twice, is as Gus said hypocritical.
If Gus thinks that they were trying to influence the referees decisions, and persuade him into them, whats the difference.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But for Lee Clarke to have a go at OUR manager, while his side were IMO doing far worse by holding their heads every time they hit the floor, and Garner diving at least twice, is as Gus said hypocritical.
If Gus thinks that they were trying to influence the referees decisions, and persuade him into them, whats the difference.

Don't get me wrong, Garner is a diving cheat. Gus would be better off rising above it that's all IMO.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Now that TV pictures have shown that the penalty was a legitimate tackle will Poyet apologise for his remarks towards the referee?

Thought not

Of course you won't. It's all part of the big game all football teams/fans play. Perceived slights are exaggerated, offence is taken and our own errors are mitigated. If I were a Hudders fan, I'd have been aggrieved at that and our 'play-acting'. As it is, I'm a Brighton fan and I think your manager is a racist, your team a bunch of northern monkeys and something else I was going to write but now forgotten. Don't take it personally.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think El Pres is right about that. Unfortunately, while Gus is clearly our best manager for years, he does himself no favours by getting involved in these post-match arguments. A bit different in this case when it's with a manager, but with refs he's never going to win the argument and it could end up being counter-productive in the long run.

Yet again though he has deflected attention from widespread discussion of the team's form, so maybe it's a deliberate ploy Mourinho-style.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
f***ing Hudds have just played themselves right into my DO NOT LIKE list. Shame.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Gus should apologise for having us top of the table for 3 months, it's hardly fair to hog it for so long.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh no! Please don't put us in the do not like list! :nono:

: :) :) and your twat of a manager. What have him and Cheryl Cole got in commen....? A lot.

SSH

Dec 12, 2010
It wasn't our performance of the season. It was well below what we're capable of... we looked lethargic in attack and suicidal in defence. Don't know what we would have done if you could defend a cross. That said, I think we just about deserved it.

As for Garner, I admitted that he dived. If you look on our messageboard you'll see posts complaining about that, aside from the odd individual on here you seem to support your tactics as long as you're doing alright results wise. Who are the other Town players that go down easily?!

I apologise for the structure of my post, it was about 4 in the morning and I'd just got in from a night out and put the FL Show on Iplayer!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It wasn't our performance of the season. It was well below what we're capable of... we looked lethargic in attack and suicidal in defence. Don't know what we would have done if you could defend a cross. That said, I think we just about deserved it.

As for Garner, I admitted that he dived. If you look on our messageboard you'll see posts complaining about that, aside from the odd individual on here you seem to support your tactics as long as you're doing alright results wise. Who are the other Town players that go down easily?!

I apologise for the structure of my post, it was about 4 in the morning and I'd just got in from a night out and put the FL Show on Iplayer!

As i keep saying it was a big game and a feisty game with some big decisions. It's always raw on here after a defeat - we'll get over it by tommorow and steam roll Nott on Fri. Apologies for some of the comments.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
How the f*** was it not a penalty?
Murray through on goal - Clarke pulls his right arm back, before sliding in from a ridiculous angle.
Then how about the amount of fouls Clare commited getting away without a second yellow.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Think the long and short of it is they don't like Casper or Gus because of the Leeds connection and don't understand our style of play :lolol:

Quick summary

1: The penalty was a bit soft
2: Gus wanted a red card for the penalty, to be fair it was either a red+ pen or a yellow for Muzza for a dive.
3: The HTFC number 10 did some SPECTACULAR diving before the pen and we were giving him stick
4: Casper used to play for Leeds, and HTFC don't like Leeds (which is fine by me).
5. Casper did waste a lot of time taking goal kicks, UNTIL we were 2-1 down, when he was Billy Whizz and even came up for a corner!
6: We can't defend free kicks, or score from the spot.

Cheers lads. I just couldn't get to grips with that this morning. Huddersfield did win didn't they? I thought it was generally the losing team with the sour grapes. I don't think we've made any new friends with this lot :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here