Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apology from Poyet?

SSH

Dec 12, 2010
Now that TV pictures have shown that the penalty was a legitimate tackle will Poyet apologise for his remarks towards the referee?

Thought not.

Also, not meaning to antagonise people with this comment, but when you travel 200+ miles to an away game does it not depress you to see your 'keeper stands over the ball and waits well over a couple of minutes for a striker to approach before he picks the ball up? ...It depressed the life out of me when we played one up front, let alone that!

To be honest, there's going to be a lot of animosity towards you from us for the rest of the season. Think of the reaction you gave Garner after he went down softly after one challenge and then blatantly dived a couple of minutes later... now try thinking of a player on your side that didn't deserve similar treatment for a similar display of the dark side of football. Just watched the FL show and Barnes protesting that the free kick which led to our second goal wasn't a foul is comedy gold!

Anyway, thanks for an enjoyable day. Normally fixtures against you are as crap as every other in this division, but by putting such a moron in goal you managed to differentiate yourselves. :laugh:

Only joking, hope you manage to shake off the negative side to your play and start to enjoy yourselves, you deserve it after years at the Withdean.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
To be honest, there's going to be a lot of animosity towards you from us for the rest of the season.

Couldn't give a shit. We'll get more crap from some of our own "fans" than from you

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Sorry? what? Dark side of football? Top of the league?

When we've picked up our form we'll see who is having a giggle at fans and players.

In the mean time enjoy looking up our arses because we're STILL top...

On the note of Gus: no he won't.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What about the free-kick for Huddersfields first goal then - THAT was comedy gold or just a referee influenced by the home fans.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He has a point, some of the imaginary card waving at the ref yesterday was a bit pathetic.

Gus did not help himself with the comments on Football League Show, came across as a whinger.

I did like his 'unfortunately I cannot take the penalties or referee the match' quip at the end though, it would be GOLD if he could manage that task.

I thought that when Gus's eyes were bulging during the interview there was a touch of the KK 'Love It' interview, when his side, who were eight points ahead, were being caught up by other teams, luckily we are not in the same position......................Oh :(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I did like his 'unfortunately I cannot take the penalties or referee the match' quip at the end though, it would be GOLD if he could manage that task.

(

It made me chuckle when I was feeling a bit low after the game, especially missing another penalty. Gus is great value in his interviews.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Now that TV pictures have shown that the penalty was a legitimate tackle will Poyet apologise for his remarks towards the referee?

Thought not.

Also, not meaning to antagonise people with this comment, but when you travel 200+ miles to an away game does it not depress you to see your 'keeper stands over the ball and waits well over a couple of minutes for a striker to approach before he picks the ball up? ...It depressed the life out of me when we played one up front, let alone that!

To be honest, there's going to be a lot of animosity towards you from us for the rest of the season. Think of the reaction you gave Garner after he went down softly after one challenge and then blatantly dived a couple of minutes later... now try thinking of a player on your side that didn't deserve similar treatment for a similar display of the dark side of football. Just watched the FL show and Barnes protesting that the free kick which led to our second goal wasn't a foul is comedy gold!

Anyway, thanks for an enjoyable day. Normally fixtures against you are as crap as every other in this division, but by putting such a moron in goal you managed to differentiate yourselves. :laugh:

Only joking, hope you manage to shake off the negative side to your play and start to enjoy yourselves, you deserve it after years at the Withdean.

You don't mean to antagonise us and then post a load of rubbish like that on our website. Your team as a whole, especially that cheat Garner, went down more easily than any I have seen this season. As for our tactics, we have a pretty decent away record and have won 4-0 at Charlton and 3-0 at Peterborough and are still four points clear of you in the league, so I am quite happy thanks. Should have taken something from yesterday's game but didn't, that is life and we move on.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
I find it pathetic that twats from other clubs feel the need to come on our website and post total shit.
Get on your own website and grunt at your own northern in-bred losers.
You're just a small town near Leeds and totally irrelevant

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

Thought not.

What really is pathetic is travelling 200 miles to an away game, but also travelling 50 years back in time to hear tired homophobic chanting. But, we're used to that and you clearly see us as a threat, which is a massive compliment as you acknowledge that fixtures against us are normally "crap".

We played ok yesterday, but not at our best, you played your game of your season and were a little lucky to win. I know which team I'd rather back over a full season. Glad you enjoyed your day out. I like your train station.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Poyet did behave like a bit of a nob to be fair. If he was someone else's manager we'd hate him.

Thankfully he is ours

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Poyet did behave like a bit of a nob to be fair. If he was someone else's manager we'd hate him.

Thankfully he is ours

I was thinking the exact same thing, and boy am I glad he's ours! He does get all emotional and goes a bit head mental, but personally I think it's great that our manager is so passionate about our club and I'm sure he will learn how to vent his spleen less publically :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I find it pathetic that twats from other clubs feel the need to come on our website and post total shit.
Get on your own website and grunt at your own northern in-bred losers.
You're just a small town near Leeds and totally irrelevant

Ahh......the intelligent well thought out response. Ringmer, we've found the village idiot you lost last night, what shall we do with him?

I thought that when Gus's eyes were bulging during the interview there was a touch of the KK 'Love It' interview, when his side, who were eight points ahead, were being caught up by other teams, luckily we are not in the same position......................Oh :(

:)

...although they did finish second which would be enough for us. Perhaps we should bring in Shearer as our proven goal scorer?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Thought not.

I must have had too much to drink last night, could someone interpret this ramble for me please.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I must have had too much to drink last night, could someone interpret this ramble for me please.

Think the long and short of it is they don't like Casper or Gus because of the Leeds connection and don't understand our style of play :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Quick summary

1: The penalty was a bit soft
2: Gus wanted a red card for the penalty, to be fair it was either a red+ pen or a yellow for Muzza for a dive.
3: The HTFC number 10 did some SPECTACULAR diving before the pen and we were giving him stick
4: Casper used to play for Leeds, and HTFC don't like Leeds (which is fine by me).
5. Casper did waste a lot of time taking goal kicks, UNTIL we were 2-1 down, when he was Billy Whizz and even came up for a corner!
6: We can't defend free kicks, or score from the spot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here