Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apologies on behalf of our nostalgic neighbours re ' bannergate'

Not quite sure that my reference to an idiotic act by the pond-life up the road makes me the toad, but it is your forum and of course your opinion.

What motivated me to write was the ignorance shown regarding their own financial situation and ownership.

Their owner may well be worth £100 million but the fact is that they still owe St Johns Ambulance a poultry £5000 from their administration days. I think that is a disgrace.

I, for one, appreciate any fan who is aware and can join in on shaming the sorts who bannered their generous and affable hosts last weekend.
Fans.. united? That was the spirit, I thought.

Not arselicking at all, you have a soft spot for a quality club and let's qualify that with worthy interactions. We hope to do something like your club have done...maybe sooner than later. The second season up has historically proven the telling one, but keep your grubby yellow mitts away from our players now okay?

Good luck in the Prem, maybe we'll care to regain our old players back sometime.... unless we already have better by then (a better plan)

CanaryCall

Feb 26, 2012
Not sure I can guarantee that...we need to make the most of our position higher up the food chain now and have of course had to sell players like Ashton, Bellamy, Sutton etc in the past.

If the Premier League get their way no club outside the top four will be able to hang on to their crown jewels.

The playing field is no longer anything like level and that is a great shame.

Good luck with your ambitions, a strong south coast club adds a lot to the Prem for southern based fans.

I, for one, appreciate any fan who is aware and can join in on shaming the sorts who bannered their generous and affable hosts last weekend.
Fans.. united? That was the spirit, I thought.

Not arselicking at all, you have a soft spot for a quality club and let's qualify that with worthy interactions. We hope to do something like your club have done...maybe sooner than later. The second season up has historically proven the telling one, but keep your grubby yellow mitts away from our players now okay?

Good luck in the Prem, maybe we'll care to regain our old players back sometime.... unless we already have better by then (a better plan)

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Jesus, whats up with everyone?

A Norwich City fan comes on here to agree with us/offer a positive opinion and gets rounded on by a couple of posters. Get a grip FFS.

Welcome to the board CarnaryCall, and thanks for your contribution.

PS - I find it particularly ironic that we mock some other clubs for being "inbred" (the East Anglian and West Country clubs primarily) and then half the board adopt a "sod off, we only like to stick to our own round 'ere" mentality when an opposition supporter comes on here to AGREE with us.

Not quite sure that my reference to an idiotic act by the pond-life up the road makes me the toad, but it is your forum and of course your opinion.

What motivated me to write was the ignorance shown regarding their own financial situation and ownership.

Their owner may well be worth £100 million but the fact is that they still owe St Johns Ambulance a poultry £5000 from their administration days. I think that is a disgrace.

Do you view Ipswich as "up the road" ? whereas I would have thought Norwich folk would have referred to Ipswich as down the road and Ipswich would have seen Norwich as up the road.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Jesus, whats up with everyone?

A Norwich City fan comes on here to agree with us/offer a positive opinion and gets rounded on by a couple of posters. Get a grip FFS.

Welcome to the board CarnaryCall, and thanks for your contribution.

PS - I find it particularly ironic that we mock some other clubs for being "inbred" (the East Anglian and West Country clubs primarily) and then half the board adopt a "sod off, we only like to stick to our own round 'ere" mentality when an opposition supporter comes on here to AGREE with us.
I agree with you,who agrees in that you agree with Canary Call who agrees with our sensible posters who agree....er now was I? Welcome CC.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Do you view Ipswich as "up the road" ? whereas I would have thought Norwich folk would have referred to Ipswich as down the road and Ipswich would have seen Norwich as up the road.

Classic. Geography isn't a strong suit in East Anglia. You'd think they would know that Norwich is in Norfolk so called as it is the historical home of the 'North Folk', whereas Ipswich is in Suffolk, you've guessed it historical home of the 'South Folk'. For an Albion fan exiled in East Anglia it is always entertaining to see Norwich and Ipswich fans go head to head in any debate or pub quiz. Bless.

Fortunately a few Albion fans have infiltrated these parts so you can have a sensible converstation about footie matters.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
well, a third of their team has played for us. and we all wanted them to stay ay BHA when they left.......

Bradley Johnson, andrew Whing and Ellott Bennet

Can I just categorically state that I thought Bradley Johnson was awful and wore a delighted expression when he left? Thanks for letting me clear that up.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Norwich were not exactly good with money,you had debts of 20 mil+ and gambled on getting to the prem,thankfully for you the gamble paid off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here