Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apologies for service

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Bozza said:
There's not much that can be done with NSC's server in the very short term (ie today) so please stick with it as best you can.

It's really a decision of whether to pay £80 a month and accept there may be the odd occasion when things get swamped, like now.

Or look at spending 2 or 3 times that amount to get a shit hot server that will stay alive all the time, but most of the time will be running with a lot of redundant resources and hope advertising revenue comes in at a sufficient rate so as continue to cover hosting fees....

No apologies necessary !!!

Arthur said:
Database wasn't touched yesterday, I changed the setting for that a week or so ago.

Yesterday I tweaked the webserver settings (but not until lunch time when I was able to get on to the box). As it proved to no avail as the box just couldn't take the strain. I kept an eye on the server load (when I could) and at their peak they were getting around the 500 mark which is very very high (just checked the load now and it's load average: 1.04, 0.97, 0.91).

Fair enough - just strange that it started playing up at around 3am with only a few users. And Turkey was still awake! ;)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:
Fair enough - just strange that it started playing up at around 3am with only a few users. And Turkey was still awake! ;)

My head hurts. :jester:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You got absolutely nothing to apologise for bozza. NSC's been at the heart of all things Albion when it counted. It was never going to cope with the number of users yesterday. and people understand that. Chin up matey! :clap:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Don't worry Bozza. At least it made me do some work yesterday, having been off sick for most of the rest of the week!! It's been brilliant to follow all the ups and downs up to now, and all that mattered yesterday was Prescott's decision. You can go home after today and enjoy a well-deserved :drink:

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
I got a server, P4 3ghz 1024 ram that I had used for my page, that page got 10 000 visitors a day, but I have sold the page but still got the server, so maybe we can use it to this ?

the server is a linux server so it can be used for PHP.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Scandinavianseagulls25 said:
I got a server, P4 3ghz 1024 ram that I had used for my page, that page got 10 000 visitors a day, but I have sold the page but still got the server, so maybe we can use it to this ?

10,000 visitors a day to a 'normal' web page is a little bit different to 500 or so concurrent users on a messageboard. Thanks for the offer but I think we'll need something with a bit more grunt than that even. Probably duel processors...

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
"500 or so concurrent users on a messageboard" sorry for the lack of english.. = 500 users online at the same time ?

I dont think it would be any problems, I got around 200 users online at the same time and got no problems..

it´s a dedicated server

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're currently on a dedicated server! Just not powerful enough...

Was your site a mySQL based messageboard?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
How do CPFC.org manage?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
agree with everyone on here when saying you have nothing to be sorry about bozza. this site is by far the best football site in the world:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
B.M.F said:
agree with everyone on here when saying you have nothing to be sorry about bozza. this site is by far the best football site in the world:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Exactly.
Times like these you realise how much you rely on something.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: best in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here