Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anything interesting from last night's fans forum?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
All I can see is a lot of talk about people moaning about their supposed rights to park at the AMEX, and about LuaLua staying for years.

Was there anything mildly related to football (other than Kaz) talked about?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
You should be able to listen to it via the web today PP.

In summary, a sensible question regarding how long it will be before the training ground is built near shoreham. The response was start of 2013 if I remember correctly, in other words a couple of years which is fairly ambitious. The usual question about the extra seats going in at the Amex. Usual expected response. And a question relating to Loyalty points..... ie ) Fans who have travelled to away games for a number of years, are not recognised for their loyalty in any way by the club. I have to say I totally agree with the fella who raised this question. I personally do not ant to moan about anything, but the fact that a JCL who decided they would get a season ticket last year at Withdean in order to get priority for ST at the Amex is now in a great position for Away tickets. Yet Fans who have travelled up and down the country for Donkey's years get JACK in terms of loyalty points. Leaves a bitter taste. They are called LOYALTY points after all, yet someone who has stumped up for the 1901 is now "more loyal" than the rest of us ????

Lush

Mods' Pet
You should be able to listen to it via the web today PP.

In summary, a sensible question regarding how long it will be before the training ground is built near shoreham. The response was start of 2013 if I remember correctly, in other words a couple of years which is fairly ambitious. The usual question about the extra seats going in at the Amex. Usual expected response. And a question relating to Loyalty points..... ie ) Fans who have travelled to away games for a number of years, are not recognised for their loyalty in any way by the club. I have to say I totally agree with the fella who raised this question. I personally do not ant to moan about anything, but the fact that a JCL who decided they would get a season ticket last year at Withdean in order to get priority for ST at the Amex is now in a great position for Away tickets. Yet Fans who have travelled up and down the country for Donkey's years get JACK in terms of loyalty points. Leaves a bitter taste. They are called LOYALTY points after all, yet someone who has stumped up for the 1901 is now "more loyal" than the rest of us ????

That was where they went wrong IMHO. Calling them LOYALTY points. If they'd called them REWARD points - ie a reward for spending your money with the club then there wouldn't have been this problem.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And a question relating to Loyalty points..... ie ) Fans who have travelled to away games for a number of years, are not recognised for their loyalty in any way by the club. I have to say I totally agree with the fella who raised this question. I personally do not ant to moan about anything, but the fact that a JCL who decided they would get a season ticket last year at Withdean in order to get priority for ST at the Amex is now in a great position for Away tickets. Yet Fans who have travelled up and down the country for Donkey's years get JACK in terms of loyalty points. Leaves a bitter taste. They are called LOYALTY points after all, yet someone who has stumped up for the 1901 is now "more loyal" than the rest of us ????

Understand what you're saying, and in essence you're right, but is a JCL any more likely to buy away tickets now when he didn't before?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That was where they went wrong IMHO. Calling them LOYALTY points. If they'd called them REWARD points - ie a reward for spending your money with the club then there wouldn't have been this problem.

That's a good point.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We're going to be staging youth internationals.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And a question relating to Loyalty points..... ie ) Fans who have travelled to away games for a number of years, are not recognised for their loyalty in any way by the club. I have to say I totally agree with the fella who raised this question. I personally do not ant to moan about anything, but the fact that a JCL who decided they would get a season ticket last year at Withdean in order to get priority for ST at the Amex is now in a great position for Away tickets. Yet Fans who have travelled up and down the country for Donkey's years get JACK in terms of loyalty points. Leaves a bitter taste. They are called LOYALTY points after all, yet someone who has stumped up for the 1901 is now "more loyal" than the rest of us ????

How many JCL's do you honestly think bought a season ticket at Withdean last season in order to get priority for a season ticket at the Amex? A JCL being someone who has only just started supporting the club and jumped on the bandwagon, yet they bought a season ticket for the worst ground in the football league for a club in League 1? Seriously, how many? 5? 2? 1? 0? One of those numbers I would imagine.

This whole bollocks about loyalty points and away tickets is starting to annoy me now. I haven't had a season ticket at Withdean for about 5 years. I went to 6 or 7 home games and about 6 or 7 away games last year, which is about average for me now I don't live in Brighton anymore. I got a season ticket this year because I want to go to more home games now we are in a proper stadium and not playing at the worst ground in the league anymore. I have 1000 loyalty points, am I worried about not getting away tickets? No, not in the slightest. I will get a ticket for Pompey, I will get a ticket for Palace. Not remotely concerned. The Doncaster game has only just sold out, I logged on on Monday and bought a ticket for my mate as he doesn't have a season ticket. Not difficult. People on here were moaning that they coulddn't get a ticket yesterday, when there were still tickets on sale!

How many 'JCL's' are going to fancy the long trips up north? Not that many. How many are going to fancy any away games in fact? Not that many. Not even Palace as it's a Tuesday night.

Everyone needs to stop panicking about getting tickets, this is Brighton & Hove Albion, not Real Madrid.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
How many JCL's do you honestly think bought a season ticket at Withdean last season in order to get priority for a season ticket at the Amex? A JCL being someone who has only just started supporting the club and jumped on the bandwagon, yet they bought a season ticket for the worst ground in the football league for a club in League 1? Seriously, how many? 5? 2? 1? 0? One of those numbers I would imagine.

This whole bollocks about loyalty points and away tickets is starting to annoy me now. I haven't had a season ticket at Withdean for about 5 years. I went to 6 or 7 home games and about 6 or 7 away games last year, which is about average for me now I don't live in Brighton anymore. I got a season ticket this year because I want to go to more home games now we are in a proper stadium and not playing at the worst ground in the league anymore. I have 1000 loyalty points, am I worried about not getting away tickets? No, not in the slightest. I will get a ticket for Pompey, I will get a ticket for Palace. Not remotely concerned. The Doncaster game has only just sold out, I logged on on Monday and bought a ticket for my mate as he doesn't have a season ticket. Not difficult. People on here were moaning that they coulddn't get a ticket yesterday, when there were still tickets on sale!

How many 'JCL's' are going to fancy the long trips up north? Not that many. How many are going to fancy any away games in fact? Not that many. Not even Palace as it's a Tuesday night.

Everyone needs to stop panicking about getting tickets, this is Brighton & Hove Albion, not Real Madrid.

This

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

A welcome outbreak of sanity on this board for a change. I think the new scheme is a good one, I also do not anticipate us averaging over 2000 for away game so there will be plenty of tickets and points for all. The Donny game and the slow take up for the Gills game tend to support this.

Also the club had to start the scheme from somewhere, and they did so with the most solid current data they had to hand, which make s perfect sense. Also everyone now knows where they stand, I cannot understand the 'entitlement' culture we have on this board, drives me nuts.

perry digweed

Oct 21, 2003
Brighton
Something that hasn't been mentioned and an important thing I took from last night was whether any further signing are going to be made before the season kicks off..

It sounded like Gus' tone has changed slightly on this and is having a struggle to get those final 3/4 players in.

Obviously we've had a very successful summer, signing quality attacking players, but it may be a struggle to get a few more in defence and midfield.

I remember Gus saying "ees tough" "just get me a defender, I need a defender"

He also commented on the number of clubs really going for it in the transfer market and by the looks of things, over half of the championship teams are going for promotion this season.

All very exciting, he really has done an amazing job in strengthening the squad but I got the impression Gus won't be 100% satisfied until we sign a couple of defenders.. but it sounds like "ees complicated"

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Spot on - not too late to change the name :thumbsup:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

Some people need to get off their high horses, you all sit here moaning about Loyalty. I have had to work Saturdays for the last 4 years so missed some of the best times to be an Albion fan. Does this make me un-loyal? I would have loved to travel up and down the country visiting different grounds but due to work commitments i could'nt. Some people on here seam to have a bad taste in their mouth because of the new support the club is generating. Get over it. New Stadium, new rules. Think the new rules are fair for everyone

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

I am not sure if it your avatar or the attitude in your post that gets on my tits more in all honesty. Probably both together.

Of course you are not going to be worried. You have only been arsed with 6 or 7 games. Take the fella last night for example. 25 years or whatever blah blah, only missed 2 games home and away last season and only about 40 in 10 years. He bleeds blue and white for christ sake and yes there is a fairly good chance he will not get a ticket for some away games.

It aint rocket science.

Lets say Palace give us 3000 tickets for the game at their place.

1st up are the 1901 with ST from Withdean. If they do not want them, you can bet your bottom dollar they will buy them for someone they know.

Then plane old 1901

Then ST holders from the Amex that were also ST at Withdean.... of which many " Away fans" were not ST at Withdean.... for the same reason that you didn't go quite so often.

After all of that lot ... There will be JACK SHIT LEFT.... FACT

As long as you are not worried though eh. That's alright then..... the people it actually bothers should all just keep quiet.

Gus liked the noise and passion of our away support. I wonder how he would react to knowing that the travelling support are now going to be the prawn sandwich eating brigade.

In response to your first point. Maybe wording it as JCL is not correct. Maybe fans coming back is more accurate. Or part timers that thought, yep lets get one this season to sort us for next year.

Apologies, but the tone of your post has riled me no end.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some people need to get off their high horses, you all sit here moaning about Loyalty. I have had to work Saturdays for the last 4 years so missed some of the best times to be an Albion fan. Does this make me un-loyal? I would have loved to travel up and down the country visiting different grounds but due to work commitments i could'nt. Some people on here seam to have a bad taste in their mouth because of the new support the club is generating. Get over it. New Stadium, new rules. Think the new rules are fair for everyone

OF COURSE THAT'S IT.

The club should just ask everyone on a scale of 1 - 100 , how MUCH they wanted to go. Then allocate points on that basis.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Lets say Palace give us 3000 tickets for the game at their place.

1st up are the 1901 with ST from Withdean. If they do not want them, you can bet your bottom dollar they will buy them for someone they know.

Then plane old 1901

Then ST holders from the Amex that were also ST at Withdean.... of which many " Away fans" were not ST at Withdean.... for the same reason that you didn't go quite so often.

After all of that lot ... There will be JACK SHIT LEFT.... FACT

I don't think after Pompey, maybe including them, it will be hard to get away tickets. We will get as many as we need for Palace and nothing else will come remotely near to selling out.

The other point, which is what I've quoted, is wrong. Only Withdean 1901's get any serious priority. A new 1901 member will only have 1030 points, 30 points more than a new ST holder. A Withdean ST holder will have 1250 which is waaaay more than the newbies.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet in any of the forum threads. Gus and Tony advised they did not vote for the 5 subs rule. Only 5 clubs in the championship wanted to keep 7 subs.
Gus said if clubs wanted to reduce costs then they should not fly to Cyprus to discuss this. Also the chairman of clubs can cut out the bottles of champers, 100's bottles of white/red wine and all the prawns (Actually I don't think he mentioned prawns). Gus said the timing wasn't great and it will now be a harder challenge to keep some of the fringe players happy.

[MENTION=704]Tummy Burger[/MENTION], genuine question here - how would you do it? You don't like the current system - so what is the alternative?

The system they've implemented rewards those that have pumped the most money in to the club. These may not be the most die-hard supporters (how you'd measure that I've no idea) but they are those that have given (in a monetary sense) the most directly to the club. It results in a clear tiered system - so whatever else you can accuse it of, at least it's clear the order of priorities. The problem with any 'soft' system is that you risk making the system incredibly complicated both for the club to run and the supporter to understand.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Get over yourself, times have changed. Get with the times and enjoy

Hey, I am not one of the moaners. I am just happy with where we are at, and that many old fans are coming back. But as per my first post I found myself agreeing with the guy. He is more "loyal" than I, and therefore deserves a crack at the BIG tickets before me. Having said that part of MP's response is totally correct, in that the club simply do not have the records for the most part to ascertain who has been where.

In a couple of seasons the points people are awarded will sort out the really loyal one's, and there will not be an issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here