Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone watching this 9/11 Documentary

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Always stops me in my tracks when I see anything re the Twin Towers.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This is real time mobile vids etc on scene at the time.....f*** me!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
There are actually people filming the building alight from what must be 100 meters away!?!

You see some of the emergency crews as well working right underneath! Man...bad stuff!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Dunno if I can watch anymore :nono:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am fascinated by the whole thing, sadly. Any sort of footage of 9/11 seems compelling to watch.

I had just got back from a 5 week jaunt to Cuba and was trying to catch up with 'Neighbours'. A newsflash interrupted the prime viewing, to an audible groan from me, but I was left captivated by the proceedings for the next ten hours or so. Why was anyone in the second tower after the first one was hit?

So many souls perished, so many brave people came to the fore and so many lives changed.

D

Deleted User X18H

Seen it before on Nat Geog but watching again

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It was awful. I'm sure everyone can remember what they were doing at that exact time. It was one of those life defining moments that you will never ever forget.
I also find anything 9/11 related completely captivating. I still cannot grasp the severity of it. Watching these programmes on C4 just put you in the mindset of those people that were there, the innocent people that lost their lives and the brave firefighters that risked their lives to save others.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Its seeing the fireman walking into the building with the hoses...man!! Bad stuff!!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
As I was only 9 at the time of this, I wasn't fully aware what actually happened. Watching it now, I'm glad that I didn't really know what happened, as this is sad, and truly catastrophic

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
It's terrifying. Still can't believe it's real. Just looks like a disaster movie after all these years. Just watching the smoke / debris from the first tower that fell.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Its f***ing awful and I feel for those Fireman and emergency services sat at the bottom of the towers.

I remember the day well, thought the world was coming to an end, but this documentary is awful man!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Everyone was told it was safer to stay in the buildings....as per above...with hindsight!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I am fascinated by the whole thing, sadly. Any sort of footage of 9/11 seems compelling to watch.

I had just got back from a 5 week jaunt to Cuba and was trying to catch up with 'Neighbours'. A newsflash interrupted the prime viewing, to an audible groan from me, but I was left captivated by the proceedings for the next ten hours or so. Why was anyone in the second tower after the first one was hit?

So many souls perished, so many brave people came to the fore and so many lives changed.

You didn't go to the withdean that night then? That was a weird atmosphere :(

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Im watching it now on +1.

Like others on here, anything 9/11 related I find really intresting and its quite amazing that we are still seeing the reprocussions of this accross the world with the Army in Iraq and Afghanistan!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• WTC_NY_Firemen_911_large.jpg
    WTC_NY_Firemen_911_large.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 343

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Some idiots are running into the 2nd tower!! !NUTTERS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here