Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone visited the Falmer site this week?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Jack Straw's excellent photo diary just doesn't come round quickly enough.
Village Way widening nearing completion? Are the lamposts up? Are the giant muck shifters in position ready to start excavating the stadium site next week?

Nice if we had another photographer to do a mid-week session, say on a Tuesday! Or will I have to wait until Friday for news?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I popped along there on Sunday as it happens, for a bit of a snifter. Took some pics of my own to store on the lappy, but they're certainly not of the standard of Mr Straw's, so I havn't bothered posting them.

I walked up and down the (now widened) road alongside the fence. There was a large bank of soil that had been piled up on an area of land that will be immediately adjacent to the eastern side of the stadium, and adjacent / to the north of what will be the coach park. I wasn't altogether sure what this will be - I assume its going to be some kind of grass-topped landscaping to help the stadium blend in ? Oh, and there was a great big pile of what looked like brand new drain covers.

I always come away from there in a good mood.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Jack Straw's excellent photo diary just doesn't come round quickly enough.
Village Way widening nearing completion? Are the lamposts up? Are the giant muck shifters in position ready to start excavating the stadium site next week?

Nice if we had another photographer to do a mid-week session, say on a Tuesday! Or will I have to wait until Friday for news?

I think JS said he was told by a builder the tarmac for the new road was due to arrive yesterday so this Fridays ‘Falmer Watch’ should be pretty interesting, especially if they manage to get all the lamp posts and drains installed quickly.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I still haven't been up there yet. Which considering how many times I would walk past the Goldstone when is was being demolished and just wish I could stopped it, is surprising.

These threads are the only good points from a totally depressing season.

Any more pictures would be great!!

:albion2:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I should add that the club produce a 'weekly' (their word, not mine) stadium gallery which, unlike Mr Straws' pics are shot against a backcloth of dark and threatening skies. However, like MP's 'weekly' (their word, not mine) stadium blog, it seems that a week is at least 14 days long in Albionland. Doesn't bode well for the arrival of the promised webcam, does it!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I drive passed twice a day, the tarmac for the new road has been laid and the lampposts are up, but not topped off with lamps yet.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I should add that the club produce a 'weekly' (their word, not mine) stadium gallery which, unlike Mr Straws' pics are shot against a backcloth of dark and threatening skies. However, like MP's 'weekly' (their word, not mine) stadium blog, it seems that a week is at least 14 days long in Albionland. Doesn't bode well for the arrival of the promised webcam, does it!

Doesn`t bode well for august 2011 either.............. or was it 2012.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here