Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone use anything they *removed* from goldstone ground???

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A toilet seat from the North Stand loos has never been used again but also rests in my garage!

surely this seat is worth more than its weight in gold.

from my recollection and i maybe wrong as i never had to poop in the NS bogs, they only had one trap for number 2 business,it was rarely used for this purpose either as the only supplied lav roll was usually luzzed on the pitch.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Blue northstand turnstile door stands proudly in my living room as does a framed piece of northstand goal net. Three seats sit in my shed.

Funnily enough I also have a green one from withdean

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Got a turnstile in the garden, next to my shed, and wooden seat with brass engrave hanging in she'd, oh did I forget the two 18ft seagulls flag poles too, yes, pretty sad.. Also kept the turf and made a mini stadium with floodlights, oh dear.. Better stop.

I can't work out if you're joking or not. If you're not......pics?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
My turf was lovingly planted in a pot and was expected to become a family heirloom.

Wife knocked it over a few months later, it didn't get watered, and it died.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Had some turf which I planted in the garden, then sold the house in 1998, maybe the turf is cursed, as both couples who have lived in the house since have split up!

The was an Albion themed cafe in Hove who I gave the Disabled Section sign from the South West corner, the cafe shut does anyone know what happened to the owner?

But my own personal Goldstone treasure is 'The Executive Club, Members Only', sign which as yet Mrs H won't left me put on the door of the downstairs loo, but one day perhaps?

had some turf which i planted in the garden, then sold the house in 1998, maybe the turf is cursed, as both couples who have lived in the house since have split up!

The was an albion themed cafe in hove who i gave the disabled section sign from the south west corner, the cafe shut does anyone know what happened to the owner?

But my own personal goldstone treasure is 'the executive club, members only', sign which as yet mrs h won't left me put on the door of the downstairs loo, but one day perhaps?
popped into the cafe in blatchington road a few times but it never got going tbh,you seem to be going very retro with the where are they now posts???

D

Deleted member 2719

Come on guys we need picture proof of all below.

I will do mine later.

Ps. Are we all on the slippery slope of become a hoarder?

Got a turnstile in the garden, next to my shed, and wooden seat with brass engrave hanging in she'd, oh did I forget the two 18ft seagulls flag poles too, yes, pretty sad.. Also kept the turf and made a mini stadium with floodlights, oh dear.. Better stop.

Clothes hook from the dressing room in my garage. What's hanging from it? a piece of the north end goal net. A toilet seat from the North Stand loos has never been used again but also rests in my garage! Seats from South Stand are in my loft.

Still got my turf. Can still pick it out-best quality square foot in the garden.

I still have part of the net from the north stand goal.

My seat came complete with active woodworm, so I would be careful of what you have in your loft.

Still got my fully working 2 piece seat, complete with metal frame. Just needs bolting down and BINGO

My dad got turf and a seat that day. They've got their own brick set-up in the garden still with a plaque. No grass seed has been used on the turf! We believe as long as the turf remains, the Albion we be alright. :thumbsup:

I got the clock from the south east corner. Massive it is. Plus turf

Blue northstand turnstile door stands proudly in my living room as does a framed piece of northstand goal net. Three seats sit in my shed.

Funnily enough I also have a green one from withdean

Nice patch of turf in my dads garden

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
popped into the cafe in blatchington road a few times but it never got going tbh,you seem to be going very retro with the where are they now posts???

The current ongoing saga, and the fact I'm knocking 50, has got me looking back all dewey eyed, it will pass though Rory.

Plus there's a chance I might get the disabled sign back if I can track him down. (unlikely though)

binney's tache

Oct 26, 2010
tora bora mountains
last game at the good ol' old stadium, most people got some turf, seats etc

did anyone do anything creative with anything they got?? like their seat still being used in their shed or something...

Got a big white PA speaker from the west stand stansion, it's now in a tree in my garden wired up to radio in the shed. Probably wouldn't be able to shimmy up there now as too old n fat, I blame harveys.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
My dad got turf and a seat that day. They've got their own brick set-up in the garden still with a plaque. No grass seed has been used on the turf! We believe as long as the turf remains, the Albion we be alright. :thumbsup:

haha good stuff, make sure no dogs pee on that area of the garden...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My turf was lovingly planted in a pot and was expected to become a family heirloom.

Wife knocked it over a few months later, it didn't get watered, and it died.

Same as. Apart from the "wife knocked it over" bit.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Goldstone turf that has long since disappeared into parents back lawn (but brothers still in pot and looks as good as it did in August each season) and lump of east terrace :)

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Here's a sort of link to this. I was unable to get a ticket for the last game against Doncaster, although my mate was more successful.

After the game, I phoned him for all the info. about atmosphere, the game etc. I also asked what the crowd reaction was to the Hereford result (I believe that they lost 1-0 to Orient, and therefore went bottom of the league).

Don't know, he said, I replied : Well they must have announced it over the P.A.

Possibly, he said, but some bugger went off with all the speakers!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Here's a sort of link to this. I was unable to get a ticket for the last game against Doncaster, although my mate was more successful.

After the game, I phoned him for all the info. about atmosphere, the game etc. I also asked what the crowd reaction was to the Hereford result (I believe that they lost 1-0 to Orient, and therefore went bottom of the league).

Don't know, he said, I replied : Well they must have announced it over the P.A.

Possibly, he said, but some bugger went off with all the speakers!

Haha that person didnt waste any time...

Talking about the last game, Ive still got my ticket against Doncaster for that game, now this next part is pure coincidence... Obviously the first ever game at The Amex was also Doncaster... Me and my mate got to The Amex on the first game of the season, only for Me to find that I left my season ticket card at home... So I went to the ticket office at the ground and they printed Me one off, which was actually a blessing, because I then realized that Ive got A ticket against Doncaster for the last ever game at The Goldstone, and one against them for the first ever game at The Amex :cool:... I keep meaning to get them framed with both the programs from them respected games but havnt got round to it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here