Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone thinking of going to Cardiff by normal train?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Train Spotter said:
7:46 from Brighton
10:00 from Paddington
Arrive Sheep Land 12:08.

Anyone know if Great (First) Western Trains has applied the "Dry trains" rule for the Sunday ???

Pretty certain they have so watch out and it will be a Railway Byelaw meaning you will be arrested if caught. Normally they search you as you get on the train - I got away with it a couple of seasons ago by having my son with me :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
won't stop me getting pissed :angry: :angry: :drink: :angry: :angry:

Just be careful - you know the rules

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Johners said:
I'm on 10am from Paddington, getting into Cardiff Central at 12.08, if trains actually run on time that is.

I'm aiming for that train too. I should be on the 07.52 from Ashford to London Bridge, then Underground to Paddington. Anyone else?

I'll be on my own as I'm meeting up with other members of my family in Cardiff.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If I get me ticket, I have to get a train from Yorkshire and change at either Birmingham or........................

BRISTOL CENTRAL.........:nono:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Make sure you get a reservation otherwise First Great Western can stop you from boarding the train!!!!

The 10:00 to Paddington is full, and I just about managed to get 11 onto the 11:00 yesterday!

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I'm going down to relatives in Somerton on Saturday, and getting the 9:30 train from Castle Cary that takes two hours and seven minutes to get to Cardiff (not that anyone's remotely interested).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Deano's Right Foot said:
I'm going down to relatives in Somerton on Saturday, and getting the 9:30 train from Castle Cary that takes two hours and seven minutes to get to Cardiff (not that anyone's remotely interested).

Going through Temple Meads. That'll be fun for you...

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Bozza said:
Going through Temple Meads. That'll be fun for you...

I did realise that this was the case when I booked it, but we will still be wearing our stripes with pride. Me and the lad are very affable and I'm sure that there will be some good natured banter! :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here