Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone thinking of getting Sky anytime soon?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm upgrading to Sky Plus soon, but I suppose this'll only stand for brand new shiney customers.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i just got sky last week. quality. though it is wrecking english football.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have recently binned Sky and gone for Freeview. Fed up paying £34 a month for endless adverts, plugs for other programs on.........Sky, and Richard Keys alarmingly hairy hands.

Sky+ is the Dogs Bollox though

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I was thinking o ditching sky. £34 x 12 = my season ticket, well almost

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
Am VERY happy with my Sky+. When I was looking into it, I was tempted by the 160Gb but the standard one seems to suit me fine.

Apparently they say that 30mins is about 1Gb so it means that the 160 can hold up to 80 hours worth which is EMMENSE!!

I do find that I delete stuff once I've wanted it though and have never gone below 70% capacity.

Tesco in Disguise said:
i just got sky last week. quality. though it is wrecking english football.

:lolol: What's called a dilemma.

Brightonian74 said:
Am VERY happy with my Sky+. When I was looking into it, I was tempted by the 160Gb but the standard one seems to suit me fine.

Apparently they say that 30mins is about 1Gb so it means that the 160 can hold up to 80 hours worth which is EMMENSE!!

I do find that I delete stuff once I've wanted it though and have never gone below 70% capacity.

Ah - but you don't have my girlfriend! :lolol: It is down around 20% free quite often with Sally Trisha Springer or Airport or Casualty or God knows what.

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
The Great Cornholio said:
Ah - but you don't have my girlfriend! :lolol: It is down around 20% free quite often with Sally Trisha Springer or Airport or Casualty or God knows what.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that mate!! Typical girlie stuff.

Would ;Extreme Makeover UK' be in there by any chance?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yes my housemates want it. Won't cost much if we all chip and £20 smackers will pretty much cover me. Awesome business. :D

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Be careful if you do decide to mod your old one TGC, some Sky+ boxes can't handle LBA-48 hard disks - so nothing bigger than 140GB

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The Great Cornholio said:

Wait till she starts piling into Extreme Makeover UK and all the f***ing 'I'm so FAT i've got to go on TV and humiliate myself in order to try and lose some of it' stuff on Living TV

Marvellous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here