Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone think that VILLA have a serious chance of winning the league?

Will Villa Win The League.

• Yes.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • No - They wont even break the top 4.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • No - But they will defiantly come top 4.

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 12 11.8%

• Total voters

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I WONDER IF;

The person who voted for "yes" is...

...On a wind - up

OR

...Seriously thinks they can win it.

I can answer that...

It's NOT a wind-up

Will they win the league - probably not. But IMHO they have a serious chance which is what the thread title asks. They have got a solid keeper, strong defence, midfield and score alot of goals and a very good manager - just not sure they can cope with many injuries! Let's see if they strengthen the squad in January and how they get on against Arsenal.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I can answer that...

It's NOT a wind-up

Will they win the league - probably not. But IMHO they have a serious chance which is what the thread title asks. They have got a solid keeper, strong defence, midfield and score alot of goals and a very good manager - just not sure they can cope with many injuries! Let's see if they strengthen the squad in January and how they get on against Arsenal.

Good point, Well made. Was it you who voted for "yes" then?

If with 10/12 games to go, they are only 7-8 points behind, then why not?

As you said, Boxing Day is a massive game.

I wonder who Villa will want to win today, Arsenal or Liverpool? Liverpool in the sense that increases their chances of coming top 4, but an Arsenal win would increase their chance of winning the league.

Come On L'pool:flameboun:bounce:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Hull City 0-1 Aston Villa.

After this weekends results it's convinced me that Villa WONT win the league, but I seriously think they can break the top 4 now. Also I have just checked the offs for them to win the league have dropped to 50/1.:eek:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Hull City 0-1 Aston Villa.

After this weekends results it's convinced me that Villa WONT win the league, but I seriously think they can break the top 4 now. Also I have just checked the offs for them to win the league have dropped to 50/1.:eek:

Yeyeye solid team.

Expect them to be right up there...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Sign of a top 4 team, play awfully and still win. Didn't deserve to win that at all but they still did!

& from an own goal I hear.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I hope it doesnt happen. Sky will portray it as some sort of major breakthrough in English football and a sign that the game is changing for the better :thud:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I hope it doesnt happen. Sky will portray it as some sort of major breakthrough in English football and a sign that the game is changing for the better :thud:

It would be though? Also if would f*** up Sky, as they wouldn't be able to refer to the "big 4" anymore. Also could mean the end of "Super Sunday" :censored:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It would be though? Also if would f*** up Sky, as they wouldn't be able to refer to the "big 4" anymore. Also could mean the end of "Super Sunday" :censored:

There's a pretty good chance Villa will slip away next year, much like Everton after they finished 4th and Arsenal will recover 4th spot.

If they don't and Villa continue to finish 4th over several seasons (not gunna happen is it?) it will just become the 'big 5'.

Sky will never rid of their Grand Slam Wankday; it generates too much money which they couldnt afford to lose.

I'd rather it carry on being the same top 4 year after year as then people might start to realise there is something wrong with the game...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
If they don't and Villa continue to finish 4th over several seasons (not gunna happen is it?) it will just become the 'big 5'.

Not nesacarily, because by then teams like Spurs :)rolleyes:), Everton, Newcastle & Man City etc, would have improved & could have closed the gap on Arsenal & Liverpool ( Espically if Gerrard goes down the road for 5 years.:bigwave:)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
They are doing well and I like the way they play and their manager, but I just can't see them having a serious shot at the title. Even now at the half way stage, they look to me like they are playing at the top of their game most weeks whilst Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal are hardly firing yet.

A lot of Villa fans I know think that unless Martin O neil signs 1 or 2 more players in January then they will be happy with UEFA cup , most are very surprised with the way the season has gone but not impressed because they havent got the small heath sh**ers to turn over this season

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Now they'e got that lump upfront, who knows? ;).

6 Points behind top ( Assuming Man United win there game in hand). If they do win the league, I will be so, so happy :).

Wigan 0-1 Liverpool though.

If Villa win at Old Trafford they CAN do it. ;) :D :D .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here