Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone thin think bennet will stay and play cam with lualua and buckley on the wings.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
The deal should be completed by Tuesday, so we need to get over the hopes of him staying because it's just not happening even though I had a little hope it's hugely unlikely.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
He hasn't gone yet and the only thing that would give me hope, that he will stay, is the fact that the agreement of personal terms has taken soo long to go through

And yes it would be a great formation with buckley and KLL on the wings with Bennet somewhere in the middle not to sure where though.

But it wont happen...

Good response, I mentioned here 2 days ago to remember he is still our player and if a club really wanted said player, they would fly out the main men to get his signature, a point that people on here are now realising. If we can bag Lua Lua I honestly believe EB will stay

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
He's away on holiday!!!!

He returned last night, my initial thoughts were if NCFC wanted him, it would have been done now. Look at the cloak and daggers performance of the Premier/Championship managers of the last few days. Far from a done deal with EB.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Benno is back from holiday today or tomoz.

It's funny, I had a very similar dream last night where Benno was still there with Hoskins, Buckley, Lua Lua en all, and we were completely destroying the opposition. Don't remember who we were playing but the Amex was absolutely heaving.

Mark me down as a complete saddo !

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Good response, I mentioned here 2 days ago to remember he is still our player and if a club really wanted said player, they would fly out the main men to get his signature, a point that people on here are now realising. If we can bag Lua Lua I honestly believe EB will stay

actually what you said Jimbo was far more definitive. You said he wasn't going and that came from 2 sources (player and team coach).......QUOTE BELOW.
Are you now backtracking? or do you stand by your sources belief 2 days ago that Bennett is going nowhere, not forgetting the false Poyet to Chelsea furore from another alleged source that was wildly inaccurate.

You may have missed one little point you in-bred carrot cruncher. He hasn't signed yet and from what I've heard the indications are he wont be leaving. That has come from a team-mate and one of our coaches by the way. He's currently on a long term deal and wants to stay, he's currently on holiday but I think you may find a trickle of egg on your face with this one, as it played a part during our purchase of Will Buckley from Watford.

If benno stays I will be the first to applaud you Jimbo. :clap:

However, If as I suspect he goes, I'm sorry Jimbo but in my eyes you and your alleged sources won't have one shred of credibility. :facepalm: :dunce:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Benno is back from holiday today or tomoz.

Nope, he flew back into the UK yesterday evening. I don't know anything else about his move, but I can state as an absolute fact that he arrived back last night and was still in Sussex this morning.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm still holding onto this idea for as long as I can. He is still our player

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
He's away on holiday!!!!

I know he has been away on holiday but this deal was almost certainly settled in January with Bennett telling then the wages he wanted and negotiating with them at that time and I am also aware that there have been things that have changed to effect it
Having said that if you were Bennett and you really truly wanted to be a part of a prem team would you not be trying to get it sorted sooner rather than later so you didn't need worry about it
Ncfc will have offered him a contract before he went away so he has plenty of time to think about it and as he came back at the weekend I would have thought that something would have been done

Also there were rumors of him being offered 4x as much as he is currently earning by Brighton because they know that with his indecision we still have reasonable chance of keeping him.
Although, he still won't be here next season but we can only hope

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I think the OP is totally right*, but I'm not thin so what I think means nothing clearly.

*may be a lie.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I'm quite thin, so my opinion counts... for once!

I reckon there's an outside chance that Newcastle will get him over Norwich, and an even slimmer chance that we'll get him back on loan from one of them, which is our only hope of seeing him back in the blue and white in the next couple of seasons.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nope, he flew back into the UK yesterday evening. I don't know anything else about his move, but I can state as an absolute fact that he arrived back last night and was still in Sussex this morning.

I think you should probably let him out now. You are going to get into trouble.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's a done deal, or so it would seem. Can't see anything scuppering it unless another club comes in to buy him at the 11th hour. I would be amazed if he kicks off next season with us.

Benno out, KLL in, and I think both will go through this week. Sad to see Benno go, but I'm more excited about KLL coming in, than I sad to see Benno go. Onwards and upwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here