Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone that voted conservative today...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I didn't vote today, I didnt feel informed enough about the election. Most of the TV stuff and what you read in the papers is misleading, I feared voting Lib Dem may have reflected more current opinion than personal opinion.

For the first time ever, I think, you could read all the parties' manifestos online, for nothing, without having to look at the TV or read the papers.

As a matter of interest, (cos I'm writing something on this very topic) why didn't you do that?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I didn't vote today, I didnt feel informed enough about the election. .... The problem for me is that an awful lot of people today have no opinion, but have voted. Thats a scary thought.

not as scary as there being people, like you, who have an opinion yet havent been to vote. what a waste. anyway, you do know the polls are open till 10, get down there. you dont need to be informed, you dont have to be right, there's nothing to fear. just get down the polling station.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have just returned from voting, while I was getting my voting slip a lady came back to the table...who I might add smelt strongly of alcohol...she asked for a fresh slip as she had made a mistake and wanted to try again.

I glanced across to see that she had placed her cross against the Tory candidate...thank goodness she realised before it was too late!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Vote for the person/party who represents you the most. Cos you'll NEVER get one that is perfect.

People died so you could vote. Our boys and girls are still dieing out in the fields so other can vote.

Powerful thing the vote.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Ah - the original poster appears to be 17. Get back to lemonparty.org you pointless waster and come back and tell us how to vote once your bollocks have dropped.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
is a twat.

Well your not the first person to call me a twat!

This coming from a guy who lives in Lancing and who has a picture of Five.

I find it hard to take your advice on political matters, and will find it harder once a conservative government have taken away your benefits.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
For the first time ever, I think, you could read all the parties' manifestos online, for nothing, without having to look at the TV or read the papers.

As a matter of interest, (cos I'm writing something on this very topic) why didn't you do that?

Its also because Im massively undecided. Im not sure whether I want to vote for personal interest and national interest since they diverge so much. As a first time voter and still Uni student I'm happy to wait until the next election before casting my first vote. This year seems such a crossroads and turning point in British politics that I've been left largely confused.

In terms of manifestoes they're massive documents and with exams in a couple of weeks I don't necessarily have the time to consume and interpret the information. I think I'll have a much clearer idea by the next election which could be very soon if we get a hung parliament.

not as scary as there being people, like you, who have an opinion yet havent been to vote. what a waste. anyway, you do know the polls are open till 10, get down there. you dont need to be informed, you dont have to be right, there's nothing to fear. just get down the polling station.

As above, I don't really have an opinion. My personal, self-interested opinion would probably be Tory, but my societal concern and national interest would scream dont vote Tory.

Personally I see the vote as a political opinion rather than a symbol of democracy and free speech. At the moment my political opinion is completely ambivalent. I shall watch with interest and hopefully things will be more clear come the next election.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
is a twat.

Flavor Flav grew up in Freeport, Long Island with parents William Sr. and Angie Drayton. His father owned a greasy spoon called the Soul Diner.[6] Flav began playing the piano at age five TWAT he claims to be self-taught.Bigger TWAT A musical prodigy, he sang in the youth choir at his church and mastered the piano, drums, and guitar at an early age. He eventually became proficient in 15 instruments.Flash TWAT His childhood included legal trouble TWAT He set a house on fire as a small child while playing with a lighter TWATand, by the time he dropped out of school in the 11th grade,TWAT he had been in and out of jail for robbery and burglary.TWAT

By the 1990s, Flav had become a drug addict.TWAT In 1991, he pled guilty to assaulting his then-girlfriend Karen Ross and he served 30 days in jail, lost custody of his children WHAT A BIG TWAT and sank deeper into addiction.[6] Two years later, he was charged with attempted murder and imprisoned for 90 days for shooting at his neighbor in 1993.MASSIVE TWAT He was later charged with domestic violence, cocaine and marijuana charges; his family performed an intervention and he checked into the Betty Ford Center for crack addiction.TWAT

After leaving the clinic, Flav began dating Angie Parker, with whom he has three more children. However, because of his previous erratic behavior, Public Enemy had temporarily stopped performing and, without anything else to do, he found himself back in addiction.TWAT After his father died of diabetes in 1997 he decided to re-enter rehabilitation, this time at the Long Island Center for Recovery. At one point, he broke both arms in a motorcycle crash.HA HA After leaving the clinic, he began dating Beverly Johnson, and by 2000, he lived in a small apartment in the Bronx with her and her two kids from a previous marriage while making extra cash scalping baseball tickets.TWAT In 2002, he spent nine weeks in Rikers Island prison for driving with a suspended license, numerous parking tickets and showing up late for his probation officer.TWAT

Flavor Flav sounds like a right

TWAT

see how easy it is to call someone a twat :shrug:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Rather than a slanging match, I'm more interested in why he thinks Tory voters are twats and what is so wrong with voting Conservative as opposed to any other party.

Over to you Flav... :thumbsup:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I am reasonably well informed, read the papers, listen to the debates, have looked at the manifestos and I cant bring myself to vote for any of the cockjugglingthundercunts. Plenty of less informed people, uninformed people and ill informed people will vote so no doubt one bunch of muppets or the other will form some sort of crap government. I don't do this lightly and am sad that at the age of 49 they have made a cynic out of me. The one thing that pisses me off is the "you must vote" tendency. If you understood democracy you would know that people died equally for your right NOT to vote.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i am a massive twat in that case

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I am reasonably well informed, read the papers, listen to the debates, have looked at the manifestos and I cant bring myself to vote for any of the cockjugglingthundercunts. Plenty of less informed people, uninformed people and ill informed people will vote so no doubt one bunch of muppets or the other will form some sort of crap government. I don't do this lightly and am sad that at the age of 49 they have made a cynic out of me. The one thing that pisses me off is the "you must vote" tendency. If you understood democracy you would know that people died equally for your right NOT to vote.

I don't buy that. I think (Although not made law) you should vote, go for the one who is nearest your view. But, I also think there should be a "none of the above" to cross. The only problem with that is, "none of the above" would win!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I didn't vote tory,

but thats because Im not 18 yet, (but I dont think I will when Im older, Im not a big fan of the conservatives)

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
According to the Torygraph today, Brighton Kemptown only needs a 2.4% swing for a Tory win. I did my bit. :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't buy that. I think (Although not made law) you should vote, go for the one who is nearest your view. But, I also think there should be a "none of the above" to cross. The only problem with that is, "none of the above" would win!

I'd like to see that too - and the law changed so that if none of the above was the largest vote, they'd have to have a rerun. That would spice things up a bit.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

I agree with this. I think turn out in force and vote. As someone mentioned too i would rather someone voted tory (much as i hate their guts) than didn't vote at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here