Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone speak german??

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
after the war, germany was split up with the east being controlled by USSR and the west by british and american forces until a new treaty was drawn up limiting the amount of arms germany could amass.

not sure what you're asking now.

feck it! :lolol: :shootself :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ben andrews girlfriend said:
Die Sowjetunion forderte die Annexion der deutschen Gebiete östlich der Flüsse Oder und Neisse für Polen und die Sowjetunion. Die Deutsche Bewölkerung, die dort lebte, wurde ausgewiesen.

I've checked and it's "expelled", so it's "The German population that lived there was expelled."

Either that or it's a type of hat that goes well on top of your typical Bundesliga mullet. Not sure which.:jester:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I thought it meant

"Don't shut down the plane engines, we won't be long"

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
possibly.. aufgesogen..... absorbed

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not totally sure of my history here, but I believe the borders of Germany and Poland were changed at the end of WWII, the part of Northern Poland next to the Baltic was previously called Silesia and was a part of Germany. Following the end of the war the Allies, namely the UK, USA, France and Russia split Germany and Berlin into four separate sectors over which they had control. In 1963 the Berlin wall was built and also the Inner German Border, effectively cutting the country in two and dividing Berlin into eastern and western sectors.

During the time of the Nazi's, ethnic Germans living in other countries were encouraged to move into Germany, many living in homes vacated by Jews. I think your sentence may relate to the time when the Polish border was moved to the Oder-Neisse river, I also think this was the place where the western allies heading east met the Russians heading west. There is probably someone posting on here who has a degree in modern history and can confirm or deny this, I on the other hand gave up the subject at the end of the third year as the middle ages were boring the arse off me.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Very good point. For further reading, I would recommend Professor Dr Helmut Schwanzlutscher's seminal 1993 work "Mein Arschloch Juckt Mir Wie Noch Nie". Ask your tutor for it...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
aaaaaaah this is stressing now. the google translator, the babelfish translator, and my head are all not making sense!!!

this is the sentence

Als die sowjetunion 1948 fûr die Westalliierten den Zugang zu ihren Zonen in Westberlin blockierte, schien die Welt vor dem Abgrund eines neuen Krieges zu stehen

sorry about this i feel really annoying

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ben andrews girlfriend said:
aaaaaaah this is stressing now. the google translator, the babelfish translator, and my head are all not making sense!!!

this is the sentence

Als die sowjetunion 1948 fûr die Westalliierten den Zugang zu ihren Zonen in Westberlin blockierte, schien die Welt vor dem Abgrund eines neuen Krieges zu stehen

sorry about this i feel really annoying

Feel free to PM, I really don't mind, it's quite good practice; although the sooner they get on and kill the little chap with the moustache in his bunker the better all round.

"In 1948, as the Soviet Union blockaded the western allies' access to their zones in West Berlin, the world appeared to be on the brink of another war."

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
BAG, are you studying German, or History ?

German would be fair do's but if History why can't your college buy THE FECKING TRANSLATED VERSION. :lolol:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
thought i would see whats new on nsc, and i get a german history lesson, still learnt something ! my new 5-1 poster arrived today to rival the 1966 poster i got given with the caption "mancher Streit kann langer dauern" .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here