Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone speak german??

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
can someone translate this for me, it makes no sense on babelfish, and i havent got a copy of my notes

Auf der Flucht vor den Armeen der Siegermächte strömten Millionen heimatloser Menschen nach West- und Mitteldeutschland"

thankyou in advance

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fleeing the armies of victorious powers, millions of homeless people/refugees fled to western and central Germany.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My rucksack is on fire. Can you see which side of the monkey is wearing a telephone this evening.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Babelfish says "On the escape before the armies of winner powers millions of homeless humans flowed to west and Central Germany"

mmm... that seems pretty clear to me, apart from the 'winner powers' bit !

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oldham gull said:
Mine hovercraft is full of eels

:lolol:

Do you waaaaant...do you waaaaaant...to come.........back to my place, bouncy bouncy?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
ok children, another word for you to think about - ausgewiesen - babelfish says that its proven, but "the soviet union demanded the annexion of the german orders east of the river Oder and Neisse for Poland and the soviet union. The German nation that lived there, were proven" doesnt sound right in the context

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ben andrews girlfriend said:
ok children, another word for you to think about - ausgewiesen - babelfish says that its proven, but "the soviet union demanded the annexion of the german orders east of the river Oder and Neisse for Poland and the soviet union. The German nation that lived there, were proven" doesnt sound right in the context

Give us the whole sentence in German and I'll do my "wurst"...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ausgewiesen is the german word for the special grease they use on leiderhosen, to help keep the straps supple. It is also used as a lubricant.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Die Sowjetunion forderte die Annexion der deutschen Gebiete östlich der Flüsse Oder und Neisse für Polen und die Sowjetunion. Die Deutsche Bewölkerung, die dort lebte, wurde ausgewiesen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here