Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone served........

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Joined RAF in 1980, still in. Currently stationed in Gibraltar.

(miss sitting next door but one to Trotster in the singing section):cry:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Northstander said:
From School...Raf 1988-1994...Chef

Raf Odiham, Ascension Island, Cranwell, Linton On Ouse, The Royal Tournament ...amongst many others I could go on about all night!

....but wont

:lolol:

What mess did you work in at Cranwell Northstander? I was a steward (no laughing please) and used to run the mess bar at T.H.O.M.

Did you ever come across an old civvy bloke that used to work there called Tom Creary ? At a dining-in night one evening, all the stewards were waiting to clear whilst the royal toast was going on. Tom coughed and his false teeth went skittling across the servery floor tiles. Mess Sergeant (Ken Woods - a git) not amused.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
pasty said:
Joined the RAF straight from school. After basic & trade training I was at RAF Cranwell 1982-1986.

I went to a wedding at Cranwell in Sept 84. One of the flying instructors married a Canadian nurse. The reception was in the Officer's mess.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
junior said:
What trade Pasty??

Im RAF Regiment Gunner.Currently on 3 Squadron at Raf Aldergrove.

Any other Raf boys here??

Fcuk me ... bad enough that we let crabs support the mighty stripes ... but a Rockape
:ohmy: :D

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yorkie said:
I went to a wedding at Cranwell in Sept 84. One of the flying instructors married a Canadian nurse. The reception was in the Officer's mess.

Can you remember the name of the Officers mess Yorkie?

Trenchard Hall or York House probably. If it was Trenchard Hall there is high chance I was running the bar. I used to do quite a lot of officers wedding receptions.

Deportivo Seagull said:
Fcuk me ... bad enough that we let crabs support the mighty stripes ... but a Rockape

LMFAO
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
junior said:

See .. no sense of humour. Most certainly wasn't a steward. Mind you, can't think of what would be worse .. steward or rockape.
Rockape's .... the chav's of the armed forces.

Incomingggggggg

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Not sure if it counts Junior, but I was in the University Air Squadron at RAF Leuchars from 90-94.

It gave me a good enough feel not to join up permanently:D

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I was an embedded journalist with the army in Belfast for a few days once. It meant I technically had the rank of Major and all the squaddies serving me food in the mess had to call me sir :lolol: :lolol:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I was an embedded journalist with the army in Belfast for a few days once. It meant I technically had the rank of Major and all the squaddies serving me food in the mess had to call me sir :lolol: :lolol:

Belfast?? Lucky you!! Thats where i am at the moment.Did you get out on the ground? And can you remember what barracks you were at? SIR:lolol:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Deportivo Seagull said:
See .. no sense of humour. Most certainly wasn't a steward. Mind you, can't think of what would be worse .. steward or rockape.
Rockape's .... the chav's of the armed forces.

Incomingggggggg

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: I refuse to rise to the bait!!:angry:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
junior said:
Belfast?? Lucky you!! Thats where i am at the moment.Did you get out on the ground? And can you remember what barracks you were at? SIR:lolol:

Yes, we did foot patrols every night but nothing that newsworthy happened. (I was making a documentary rather than reporting for everyday news).

I forget the name of the barracks, but it was in north Belfast, in a fairly built-up suburb and near a school.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
junior said:
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: I refuse to rise to the bait!!:angry:

Oh go on ..... you know you want too, besides I'm having a cack friday and a bit of Crab baiting would lighten the mode. :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
pasty said:
Can you remember the name of the Officers mess Yorkie?

Trenchard Hall or York House probably. If it was Trenchard Hall there is high chance I was running the bar. I used to do quite a lot of officers wedding receptions.

Trenchard Hall.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here