Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone seen the footage of those Madrid fans giving the Nazi salutes?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well weird seeing happen at a sporting event as big as that and quite scary. I really hope this doesn't get out of control but it seems the Ultras at Madrid are determined to make their mark again.

:glare:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have just read Uncle Bucks post this morning re some chap getting battered in Spain.

Answer. Simple. Until their authorities get this particular part of thier house in order, please don't go there on holiday etc. :angry:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Here they are...

Real_chants.jpg

Now I am fully aware that this has been going on for years and they will exist whether their team is affected or not but FIFA have got to get their arses in gear and show that they aren't gonna put up wuth it anymore.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I agree but what would the World cup be without the likes of "Spain, Italy" or other high profile teams taking part?

Best just keep quiet, let it all blow over!!!!!

:angry:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
'Real Madrid getting slung out of the Champions League? Um, er, no. That would never, old boy. Think of the lost revenue. Here, have another gin and tonic...'

This is all the more surprising because I stood in amongst the Ultras at the Bernabeu a couple of years ago for a Champion League match against Roma, and there was NOTHING that indicated any neo-Nazi tendencies nor did I hear any racist chanting.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I just read a good article from the Sunday Mirror about how they used to have an office at the Bernabau for the Ultras where they kept all their banners abd shit. It's engrained in thier history but surely we have moved on enough to be able to show that 'we' won't put up with it anymore? Someone must be made an example of.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I also read that Raul was a member or was connected with them somehow? dont they have their own section at the bernabeu

Albion Rob

The Large One said:
'Real Madrid getting slung out of the Champions League? Um, er, no. That would never, old boy. Think of the lost revenue. Here, have another gin and tonic...'

To be fair, they seem to be doing a pretty good job of that ON the pitch.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Anyone got the link to IOC, I'll be more than happy to send that picture?

Racism really needs stamping out!!

:censored:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The Great Cornholio said:
Sounds like transferance to me. No Surrender is sick and engrained in sectarianism. But most of the idiots who sing it probably think they are clever because it is about a bunch of terrorists. No such lame excuse can be levelled at Nazi Salutes.

Maybe. But surely nobody would dare pretend that the far-right aren't usually present whenever the English national team plays?

The Laughing Bluebird said:
Maybe. But surely nobody would dare pretend that the far-right aren't usually present whenever the English national team plays?

Probably not. But those chants are not directed at the players - it's just a chance for knuckle dragging BNP members to have a sing song with safety in numbers. It should have no place anywhere near football but is nowhere near as bad as these latest scenes IMHO.

Are you conveniently forgetting the anti English sentiments from certain Welsh 'supporters'? The holier than thou attitude doesn't wash when you have skeletons in your own cupboard.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What else do you expect? The footballing authorities have, through their inaction to both the managers comments and last weeks "support", sent a clear signal that racism is acceptable.

when and where will it end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here