Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone seen a funnier own goal than this one?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
POLLOCKS

[yt]ZAc8JooS3MY[/yt]

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
watch

not an own goal but look at 1 min 08 secs, always makes me chuckle:D

the one at 1min 46secs is great,

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003

A goal that earned him 'Legend' status at Loftus Road. It gave us the point that meant safety and more or less confirmed Man City's relegation.

Next time we saw him he was playing for Palace and when he came out for the pre-match warm-up, he got a rendition of 'One Jamie Pollock there's only one Jamie Pollock'. Fair play to him, he took it really well.

Got stretchered off and we gave him a standing ovation. :lolol:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I scored 2 own goals in one game once playing for brighton electricty....first came off my knee...the 2nd was pure class....before the backpass rule....I done a chip back to the keeper from 50 yards only to chip it into the top corner....

Then gave away a pen we lost 6-1 and I scored our goal so a rare hat trick:laugh:
The team was so shit I was not even dropped for the next game:laugh:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Indeed. Wayne Hatswell is the culprit for Forest Green Rovers against Morecombe.

[YT]xkBkr7bD7bw[/YT]

the keepers reaction in that is BRILLIANT

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Haha that's where you got your reaction from then!

a combination of that sort of reaction and the hair and flair of AWWWW SPEEERRROOONNNIIIII would be the perfect human being

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
Gary Sprake 1967 against Liverpool.

Sprake was holding the ball and was set to throw it to the Leeds left back Terry Cooper, only to curtail his throw when he spotted Liverpool winger Ian Callaghan running towards the area he planned to throw the ball. Unfortunately the curtailing action was not quite smooth enough to maintain a hold on the ball, which slipped out of Sprake's hands behind him and ended up in the net. At half-time, the Liverpool tannoy-announcer played Careless Hands, a record by Des O'Connor, apparently in reference to Sprake's mistake, and during the second half Liverpool supporters on the Kop sang the song repeatedly to Sprake (it has often been suggested that the Kop actually spontaneously burst into the song immediately after Sprake's mistake - this is a myth popularised by Liverpool supporters and the local media). The nickname 'Careless Hands' from then on, somewhat unfairly, appeared to stick to Sprake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here