Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone see the Paul Gascoine Piers Morgan interview?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i didnt know about the chance to go to Man U when he went to Tottenham. seeing how Ferguson has protected and steered his high profile players over the years, i reckon thats probably the worst mistake of his life.

I'm not sure this really holds to be honest. This myth was blown out of the water with the Giggs revelations and Rooney's continuing misdemeanors. There are other cases as well.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The goal he got against Scotland gave me nearly as much joy as Robbie Reinelt's.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
it's good to have him back. i welled up at times.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Yes. Found it all a bit cringeable really.

Maybe it was because Gazza, an absolute legend was sat opposite a complete arse in Piers Morgan.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
can anyone drink 4 bottles of whisky a day, for what was it 3 months and live?

a football genius,but when he talks,i take much of it with a pinch of salt

Oct 25, 2003
i didnt know about the chance to go to Man U when he went to Tottenham. seeing how Ferguson has protected and steered his high profile players over the years, i reckon thats probably the worst mistake of his life.

not sure ferguson really deserves this "social worker" reputation that he seems to have.......he's had a number of players with issues over the years and he's tended to just get rid of them rather than protecting them (bosnich, sharpe and mcgrath are 3 that spring to mind)

not sure he's really steered giggs or rooney in their private lives either

i can't think of any 'troubled' player that ferguson has helped

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Emotional viewing. Good to see this wife-beating, coke snorting alcoholic on the mend.

Lowest common denominator TV with Piers Moron being his usual smug self. Don't think Gazza has still come to terms with his issues sadly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Having seen Bryan Robson, Norman Whiteside and Paul McGrath out on the pop during Fergie's reign I would suggest that Fergie's reputation is only partly true.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm not sure this really holds to be honest. This myth was blown out of the water with the Giggs revelations and Rooney's continuing misdemeanors. There are other cases as well.

not sure he's really steered giggs or rooney in their private lives either

im not saying hes a social worker. Giggs rather shows the point, whatever might have happened in his private stayed there and he's played 20 years at the top without it effecting his game. same for Rooney really, unless he's secretly hitting the bottle, his issues are much more managable. maybe simply being closer to home would have helped avoid the drink. who knows, but makes me wonder.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
im not saying hes a social worker. Giggs rather shows the point, whatever might have happened in his private stayed there and he's played 20 years at the top without it effecting his game. same for Rooney really, unless he's secretly hitting the bottle, his issues are much more managable. maybe simply being closer to home would have helped avoid the drink. who knows, but makes me wonder.

Rooney also has an issue with gambling

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4896422.stm

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't stand Piers Morgan but it was alright as interviews go. Did grate me all the stuff about Man Utd, they were not a good team when Gazza had the chance to join them. In hindsight yes it may have been a bad move but at the time I think a lot of players would have done the same thing.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Something didn't ring true with last night's interview IMO. I'd go as far as to say he was coached to say what the public want to hear to regain his icon status and all the money/ fame that goes with it!

Garza is a narccisist and that hasn't been dealt with I don't think. He gave the impression last night that deep down he blames other people for all his mistakes. Of Sheryl and the wife beating he said "what I did was disgusting but nobody knows what went on behind closed doors and I turned to drink to deal with the pain"

So it was her fault? She made him do it!

If this attempt to revive the god status he thinks he deserves fails, he'll be back on the drink and hurting more people - including himself!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Of Sheryl and the wife beating he said "what I did was disgusting but nobody knows what went on behind closed doors and I turned to drink to deal with the pain"

Fair play to Gazza, it's about time that someone stood up and started to talk about the positives in relation to domestic violence.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
How on earth did you get this

So it was her fault? She made him do it!

From this

Of Sheryl and the wife beating he said "what I did was disgusting but nobody knows what went on behind closed doors and I turned to drink to deal with the pain"

Do you work for the Daily Sport per chance

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Lowest common denominator TV with Piers Moron being his usual smug self. Don't think Gazza has still come to terms with his issues sadly.

I see your signature says 'Big men move on'. So why are you still judging gazza after all these years? We don't know the dymanics of his relationship with cherly. Quite frankly it's none of our business anyway.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I see your signature says 'Big men move on'. So why are you still judging gazza after all these years? We don't know the dymanics of his relationship with cherly. Quite frankly it's none of our business anyway.

Cherly it is our business if Gazza wants to do these television interviews
People like Gascoigne don't change anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here