Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone see the Paul Gascoine Piers Morgan interview?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He was one of my generation, and one of my heroes, I watched Italia 90 live etc.

He ain't been on the wagon for eleven months, imo.

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
He was asked by Piers if he regrets what he did to his wife, but it was done very briefly. When he replied you could really see how much he regrets it.

Gazza was the number one reason I enjoyed Italia 90 as much as I did, and I really, really do plead for the day we'll see another England team as good as that again.

One of my heroes also :D.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
That was an emotional watch. There is something about a flawed genius that really interests me. There can be no denying that Gazza was a genius on the field and possibly the most naturally gifted English footballer of my lifetime.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Watching him makes me think he won't be dry for the rest of his life. Sad but I believe that. Oh and he was in my humble opinion at 47, the best player we had in my lifetime.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Watching him makes me think he won't be dry for the rest of his life. Sad but I believe that. Oh and he was in my humble opinion at 47, the best player we had in my lifetime.

Agreed he was awesome. I really wish Gazza all the best. And yes the Moat incident was briefly covered.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gazza was the number one reason I enjoyed Italia 90 as much as I did, and I really, really do plead for the day we'll see another England team as good as that again.

We did, in 96.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
..... There can be no denying that Gazza was a genius on the field and possibly the most naturally gifted English footballer of my lifetime.

Of mine too. Pure class was Gazza.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Gazza was,and is, no angel,and has his fair share of Demons,but,by Christ what a player.In his pomp,he was up there with the best.We love you Paul,why don`t you invent a time machine,make yourself 22 again and sign for the mighty Albion ?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i didnt know about the chance to go to Man U when he went to Tottenham. seeing how Ferguson has protected and steered his high profile players over the years, i reckon thats probably the worst mistake of his life.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
i didnt know about the chance to go to Man U when he went to Tottenham. seeing how Ferguson has protected and steered his high profile players over the years, i reckon thats probably the worst mistake of his life.

It may seem harsh, but his parents have to take some of the blame too. They influenced him so much and having read his autobiography, people were trying to help him from a young age, when it was clear he had problems even then, but they resisted it and wouldn't accept it. Maybe as a non-parent I don't understand how this made them feel, that maybe they didn't want to accept this, but it's another 'if only' part of his life.

Really hope he does stay dry and stay happy. He's made so many of us happy and probably been used by some people too, because he was so vulnerable and I wish him every happiness now.

Even now, just thinking about the '90 world cup sends shivers up my spine and that is mostly down to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here