Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone see naylor having a sideways swipe at Wilkins

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Interesting article in teh Argus. naylor basically said that he couldn't understand why Wilkins only referred to Whings fantastic goal line clearance as "run of the mill" and "what he is there for". Technically speaking he is right, but I find this refusal to admit that some players had blinders ( Kuips at Forest and Leeds) and Racon at Leeds to be very strange.

Odd management skills

He did exactly the same thing for Kuipers after the Forest game. I have to admit I was a little bit baffled.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
:lolol::lolol:
Naylor has stopped his dropping McGhees name into a articles game

Disappointing, as the tenuous links are always great

Normally like, The prolific Beckford faied to score against the Albion in the stalemate. There was a great challenge by Thomson on Beckford, Thomson played in the SPL 3 months ago against McGhees Motherwell

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
always though Naylo was a bit of a knob, ever since he pushed his way to the bar with Liam Brady, at his fans dinner many years ago.. still makes me laugh when he said he was here for the long term etc, only to naff off to wherever..

if i knew then what i know now, would have lamped belotti, who was there too..

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dont really see how naylor is having a sideways swipe with that comment - it is merely an observation

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kuipers has made errors in the past, so he was due a few decent performances to square things up. Now he's done that.

Personally, I like the balance Wilkiins has struck. He's got our season back on track again, a season that looked dead and buried at New Year.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
dont really see how naylor is having a sideways swipe with that comment - it is merely an observation

NSC Protocol 11.3 (ii)
Everything Andy Naylor writes is designed specifically to undermine Wilkins and create a gradual creeping, insidious negativity around the club.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Then maybe it would be better to say nothing about any individual player rather than a derisory "That's what he's there for" when one player has stood out from the rest in a game? Never hurts to praise now and again-as Fergie does and as much as I hate the Mancs, he is the benchmark for football management...

Kuipers is a big boy and FDM so don't cry about it. I am sure Kuipers knows he's done a sterling job, after all the fans tell him enough. :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was disappointed at DW's comments about Kuipers during his interview with Andrew Hawes after the game. "That's what he's there for". Oh really? .

QUOTE]

That was always Micky Adams view and when I have quoted it I have been castigated. As MA, who to many was God, also added, if he didnt do it he wouldnt be in the team.

I didnt go to Leeds but I must admit MK had a terrific game against Forest and deserved the luck that he got when the ball hit the inside of the post and ran along the goal line without crossing it, late on in the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here