Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone realised yet?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Teams sussed us out last season , it will be a different story this season , different game plan options , Vicente can advance into a more forward position with Bruno and Bridge rampaging down the wings at free will. Crofts can play both elements of midfield throughout the 90 minutes. Another striker would be a bonus but not a disaster if we have to wait until the transfer window closes.

That we are probably not going to sign a striker. I recon Gus has and thats why he decided to play Vincente there last night, to try him out.

I'd almost go as far as to say that if CMS is staying we don't really need one. I keep reading comments from people like "WHEN the new striker arrives", and "who is the gem signing going to be" etc. I'd be quite happy to go into this season with the squad that we have at the moment.

CMS, Vincente, Barnes, Toby, Baker. All capable of playing up front, not to mention out quality wide men.

Do you expect people to take you seriuosly when you cannot even spell Vicente correctly after all this time ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was thinking about this during the game last night and was wondering where this 'big man' would fit in. It seems Gus is adopting a 4-3-3 approach with a midfield containing Bridcutt-Dicker-Crofts. I actually think this will work well with Bridcutt holding, Crofts surging forward and Dicker's passing (if he can sharpen-up from last season).

The front 3 seem inter-changable position-wise and I expect this would certainly include Vicente and CMS (if fit). Therefore if we include the 'big man' that would mean no Noone, Buckley or Lua-Lua in the starting line-up. I would not object to signing a more physical forward (so long as it is not on-loan), but for me he would be only thrown on if we are 1-0 down with 15minutes to go.

But personally I would prefer the front 3 of CMS, Vicente and one of either Noone, Buckley or Lua-Lua...And I believe CMS will benefit more from having Dicker & Crofts in the middle with Vicente closer to him than having a big man up alongside him.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Slightly bizarre you don't even mention our top scorer and current best striker in the squad.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
On Lakaku , as Billy Fish says , has anyone of those cumming in their pants actually seen him play ?

I'd me optimistic if we signed him but it is no way a given he will be any good.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
On Lakaku , as Billy Fish says , has anyone of those cumming in their pants actually seen him play ?

I'd me optimistic if we signed him but it is no way a given he will be any good.

I'd say the fact that Chelsea scouted him for a long period of time, and paid £18m for him at such a young age, is evidence that he is an extremely talented young man.

Tall, quick feet, great control, powerful and pacey. A young Drogba, but obviously his raw talent is not fully developed yet. At Championship level he'd be an absolute BEAST.

[yt]UmHAafdbRkE[/yt]

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Slightly bizarre you don't even mention our top scorer and current best striker in the squad.

Not really. What I really should have expanded on is with the 3 up top I would expect it to be either CMS or Barnes...And I would imagine CMS to get the nod if fit. But I would have no qualms about having Barnes start as I seem to be one of those in the minority of fans that thinks he is a decent player.

Although, of course, when Murray returns all this goes out of the window!!!

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5085941 said:
I'd say the fact that Chelsea scouted him for a long period of time, and paid £18m for him at such a young age, is evidence that he is an extremely talented young man.

Tall, quick feet, great control, powerful and pacey. A young Drogba, but obviously his raw talent is not fully developed yet. At Championship level he'd be an absolute BEAST.

[yt]UmHAafdbRkE[/yt]

If we get him then lets hope you are right.

He has already said he didnt sign for Chelsea to be loaned to the championship so I'd say its unlikely.

We'll see

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not really. What I really should have expanded on is with the 3 up top I would expect it to be either CMS or Barnes...And I would imagine CMS to get the nod if fit. But I would have no qualms about having Barnes start as I seem to be one of those in the minority of fans that thinks he is a decent player.

Although, of course, when Murray returns all this goes out of the window!!!

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

All that matters is what Gus thinks. And he rates Barnes very, very highly. So in such a big post I was surprised you didn't even mention one of the first names on Gus's teamsheet.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Won't be a disaster if we don't get one,...

I feel that it will, we are just as lightweight this year as we were last year,... we need a presence with experience as has been widely touted on here, but as others have also said, we don't want another Mr Average like Paynter and Vokes... they added nothing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
think gus comments indicate that we are looking to sign a striker. We are lightweight in that area particularly with Hoskins and CMS injured presently. Would be very surprised if we left it until the end of the window and hope/expect someone in before Swindon and hull.

This. Before Swindon...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not that fussed if we don't get a striker now. I think it would help, but only if we got someone properly decent. If we've missed out on all the good targets I'd rather we saved the money until a player worth having becomes available rather than wasting wages on average/shite players like vokes, lukaku, paynter or harley.

Lukaku - errr!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here