Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone read Littlejohn in the Sun this morning?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The bloke is either a :

a) absolute legend who speaks his mind and is not afraid of calling a spade a spade

b) Raving right wing facist whose politics is somewhere to the far right of Adolf Hitler

c) I dont know I never get past page three and the incisive thoughts of the little ladies

d) a campaigner to get rid of the PC nonsence that stalks our land like a big stalking thing

Dave

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Can't bear him - I was really pleased when Five Live got shot of him

I find it really sad how he's so full of hatred and intolerance, but then again he's not alone in having so much anger in him. We're all gonna end up six foot under with flies nibbling at our naked corpse one day, life's too short for all this shit.

xx

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Horrible horrible horrible man, writing for equally horrible comic.

Or do I mean newspaper?

No, I was right the first time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think he's entertaining, I agree with his general sentiment if not always his precise point of view but he should not have been allowed on 606 because he does not have sufficient football knowledge (ditto David Mellor).

Rightly, or wrongly, I believe he reflects what the majority of this country are thinking, but don't like to say...

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Pavilionaire said:
I think he's entertaining, I agree with his general sentiment if not always his precise point of view but he should not have been allowed on 606 because he does not have sufficient football knowledge (ditto David Mellor).

Rightly, or wrongly, I believe he reflects what the majority of this country are thinking, but don't like to say...

Could not have put it better.

His way of putting what is a serious point to him makes me laugh sometimes. Most entertaining writing.

Agree with your view of his footy knowledge, never forgiven his comment when we played Lincoln midweek at the Priestfield. Exceptionally ignorant when it comes to the great game.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Pavilionaire said:

Yep totally agree.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
richard littlejohn is a lardy ignorant arse who gets paid a fortune to play out a character. you know you would have hated him at school. where's the '****' option?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
in nsc terms richard littlejohn is a mixture of looney (when he's not reading the guardian), fg and ernest

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pavilionaire said:

That's a great statement. It's totally unprovable of course so is often used by bigots like Littlejohn to justify their drivel. It's never quite clear what's stopping people saying what they're thinking and the likes of Littlejohn never really explain what it is.

For what it's worth, I think he's wrong and that the majority of people are far more tolerant than he makes out. For example, Littlejohn is obsessed with gays (so much so that his own sexuality must be a matter for debate) and yet there is no great anti-homosexual feeling in this country - they wouldn't be winning Pop Idol or Big Brother if there were.

Of course, there are some bigots out there, and there are pockets of race hate, but the vast majority of people are tolerant of different races, religions, sexuality. etc. But ordinary people going about their daily life with no haassle, mixing with other and generally getting along. It's just that that doesn't sell newspapers.

In fact, I strongly suspect that the 'Richard Littlejohn' who writes for the newspapers is a parody of the real RL and is nowhere as bigoted as the the one who writes the article..but then that wouldn't make such, er, interesting copy.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Gwylan said:

In fact, I strongly suspect that the 'Richard Littlejohn' who writes for the newspapers is a parody of the real RL and is nowhere as bigoted as the the one who writes the article..but then that wouldn't make such, er, interesting copy.

abso-bloody-exactly. just what i meant by saying he plays out a character. you just put it much better than me:)

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
He is on the same level as Jeremy Clarkson! Both Grade 'A' tossers......I believe that represents the view of the vast majority of the country!

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Anyone with a substantial Viz collection might want to search out "The Adventures of Robin Hood and Richard Littlejohn" - a cracking pisstake of Littlejohn's "issues" regarding human sexuality.

It's even better than "Garry Bushell The Bear" ("...I'm not having my forest invaded by gangs of tail-lifting grizzlies...")

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Pavilionaire said:

Disagree entirely. I believe the majority of the population believe whatever they're fed by the likes of Littlejohn. He's the reason they believe it, not a reflection of it.

TELF

Aug 19, 2003
Lancing
the whole country aint P.C. you know. he says what a lot of people think but are affraid to say for risk of being called a racist/bigot/homophobe etc just as some of you right on guardian readers have called him for his views. littlejohn a tosser, get real

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here