Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone own a flat cap ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've been the proud wearer of flat caps through thirty years or more of it being in and out of fashion. The level of piss taking doesn't actually seem to vary much between the two if I'm honest. :)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
At the beginning of the sixtys before Scooter boys were Mods, we had flat caps that nowdays are called Newsboy Caps. I lost mine years ago. Last year I replaced it.

newsboy-cap-www-hatsinthebelfry-com.jpg

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
More interesting than the original thread... what did you learn?

in Valencia they cut holes on walls/fences in stead of using flaps...and Isaac Newton first made mention of one, allegedly.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Seen a few people out in these monstrosities. I hate these en masse fashion fads. It's all the same people who used to wear von dutch caps - 2 years after it would've been cool to have one. Every person I've seen wearing one was also in a quilted jacket - 5 years after the first came out in the fashion shops :facepalm:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Been a proud Yorkshireman of course I own and wear my flat cap, my favourite time is when I take my whippet out for a walk past the coal mines, on my way to the bookies, before going back to my 2 up 2 down and listening for the results on my wireless!

Jan 30, 2008
Seen a few people out in these monstrosities. I hate these en masse fashion fads. It's all the same people who used to wear von dutch caps - 2 years after it would've been cool to have one. Every person I've seen wearing one was also in a quilted jacket - 5 years after the first came out in the fashion shops :facepalm:
what are you trying to say?

johnnyglaire

Banned
May 26, 2011
Yah! I have mind in the house.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
I Saw an old quentin crisp in Norrrrrwwich the other day that had a beret on the size of a 18 inch pizza. That is all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here