Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone on here play table football?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Anyone here play table football? If so, I bet I can beat anyone who is brave / stupid enough to challenge me. It does have to be on a decent table though, preferably one with no glass covering the pitch. I believe I am the greatest player of all time...
:lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I accept, my hardened wrists are faster than a McLaren F1 on a straight of 100miles! Currently 7 games undbeaten.

No spinning though, I pay the proper way :)

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Commander said:
Anyone here play table football? If so, I bet I can beat anyone who is brave / stupid enough to challenge me. It does have to be on a decent table though, preferably one with no glass covering the pitch. I believe I am the greatest player of all time...
:lolol:
Havent played that since my poly days in Brighton in the late seventies - are there many pubs with tables?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
CrabtreeBHA said:
I accept, my hardened wrists are faster than a McLaren F1 on a straight of 100miles! Currently 7 games undbeaten.

No spinning though, I pay the proper way :)

Seven games unbeaten? Ha ha ha. When my mate had his table last year I went from January to August only losing one competitive game (we used to take it quite seriously). No spinning goes without saying and you have to buy everyone a drink if you lose 10-0. When and where?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm in the Smugglers some lunch times, would say the Font but they are :censored: and dont have their table anymore.

I dont play religiously though, only when the need arises.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
How about a knockout tournament in one of the Brighton Pubs for the "NSC table-fussball trophy"?
With a couple of quid for entry. Winner takes half the prize money, and the other half to cover costs, with the rest to go to the Alive & Kicking fund :drink:
Anyone wanna organise it?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Commander said:
Seven games unbeaten? Ha ha ha. When my mate had his table last year I went from January to August only losing one competitive game (we used to take it quite seriously). No spinning goes without saying and you have to buy everyone a drink if you lose 10-0. When and where?

January to August? thats nothing, ha ha ha, bet you only played twice. me and my mate played first to 50 (thats games not goals), 11 ball table in the Albert. The deal was that you had to win by two clear games, so in the unlikely event of 49 games each, the loser had to lose 51 - 49. I beat him 58 56 in the end. Most games went the full 11 goals, so thats 1232 goals, - say 20% = first to 1000 goals.

that went on for a couple of months last year. and was event 1 in our pub game decathlon. wanna here the rest?

BTW you'd probably beat us both anyway :lolol: :lolol:
we would have given anyone a decent game of doubles though.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
maffew said:
January to August? thats nothing, ha ha ha, bet you only played twice. me and my mate played first to 50 (thats games not goals), 11 ball table in the Albert. The deal was that you had to win by two clear games, so in the unlikely event of 49 games each, the loser had to lose 51 - 49. I beat him 58 56 in the end. Most games went the full 11 goals, so thats 1232 goals, - say 20% = first to 1000 goals.

that went on for a couple of months last year. and was event 1 in our pub game decathlon. wanna here the rest?

BTW you'd probably beat us both anyway :lolol: :lolol:
we would have given anyone a decent game of doubles though.

I lost 32-19 to Senor gerbil (again, games not goals), but I maintain at least 14 of those were pure luck.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
CrabtreeBHA said:
I'm in the Smugglers some lunch times, would say the Font but they are :censored: and dont have their table anymore.

I dont play religiously though, only when the need arises.

Right. Smugglers one day next week, I have lunch between 1 + 2. By the way I haven't actually played for about three months, you reminded me about it in your other post about 'Brightonised' pubs.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Seagulltonian said:
How about a knockout tournament in one of the Brighton Pubs for the "NSC table-fussball trophy"?
With a couple of quid for entry. Winner takes half the prize money, and the other half to cover costs, with the rest to go to the Alive & Kicking fund :drink:
Anyone wanna organise it?

Good idea. I'm in. Anyone else wanna organise it? :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
does sound good but will need organising, could make it a Pool comp aswell in the Smugglers...that'd get more people interested when Seagulltonian organises it as it was his idea :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
CrabtreeBHA said:
does sound good but will need organising, could make it a Pool comp aswell in the Smugglers...that'd get more people interested when Seagulltonian organises it as it was his idea :thumbsup:

I agree, he has to organise it now. I'm not great at pool though.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Commander said:
I agree, he has to organise it now. I'm not great at pool though.

Oh Shit :shootself !!

OK then, if I've got to organise it, where does everyone want it?

The Smugglers? Where's that in Brighton then?

:clap2: Signup here if you want Table Football & Pool :clap2:

We'll see how the numbers go and I'll seriously try and organise it then!! :drink:

B:censored: cks, S:censored: t, and C:censored: k. What have I let myself in for :angry: !!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'll start a new thread about this mate, we'll organise it from there (been in the pub all lunchtime so feeling a bit more lively)
:drink:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Seagulltonian said:
How about a knockout tournament for the "NSC table-fussball trophy"?

So long as you don't call it "fussball" like they do on Friends, fine! ;)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
bhafc99 said:
So long as you don't call it "fussball" like they do on Friends, fine! ;)

Agreed.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
You need to talk to Moggy and Chez, as they think they are THE WORLDS BEST:lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
DBS said:
You need to talk to Moggy and Chez, as they think they are THE WORLDS BEST:lolol:

Then they are very much mistaken. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here