Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone on here been to a game at the San Siro ?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Saw AC Milan v Parma there in 2006 (Sun night game), quality atmosphere although I think its rarely full for average league games which is a shame. Could only find one bar near the ground, but there doesn't seem to be much of a pre-match drinking culture (a lot of fans were in the ground singing well over an hour before kick off!), in fact it was probably half full of British/Irish.

I went to AC Milan v Parma too, if AC Milan won 4-2 and Shevchenko scored a couple it was the same game
I didnt realize it was an evening game and got to the ground at 1pm.
Not a good thing to do as there was nothing to do in the surrounding area, there was no bars close by apart from the odd tiny cafe/bar about a mile away. I ended up watching the chariot racing in the arena plum next door to the San Siro which was pretty pony and I didnt have a clue what the betting was about and it all seemed a right old fix.
Anyway the wait for the game was worthwhile. I bought the ticket from the booth outside for only about 15 quid and i ended up in the gods with the ultras, my ticket was actually for another part of the ground but I managed to blag my way to the top of the stadium behind the goal.
There was hardly any Parma there maybe about 50 of them but the atmosphere was pretty good mainly because AC Milan came from being behind and the blokes with the loudspeaker type thingys were constantly geeing up the crowd.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My mate who i play footy with on a saturday is a season ticket holder for AC milan. And goes to 75% of the home games.
Season tickets are so cheap, you can buy a season ticket, fly to Milan and its still cheaper than supporting a team in london !

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
You're TOO funny for your own good. I'm just thinking of ways to contain my laughter.

Ha ha. Don't get carried away with your league position at Spurs. Your squad isn't good enough yet and you need another 3-4 players, then get some of the crap out.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I went to the San Siro to see what i think was a 1-1 draw between AC and Roma. The Milanese weren't up to much, but the Romans were mental,blazingly so.
And afterwards we went for a pizza, four cheeses for the Meade, whilst my friend had a plate of macaroni horse. Good times.
We also saw the prettiest, towering woman of perfection of all time. The sort you'd drug to take home.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Ha ha. Don't get carried away with your league position at Spurs. Your squad isn't good enough yet and you need another 3-4 players, then get some of the crap out.

I actually go to Spurs, so you don't need to tell me we're f***ing shit. :thumbsup:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I went to AC Milan v Parma too, if AC Milan won 4-2 and Shevchenko scored a couple it was the same game
I didnt realize it was an evening game and got to the ground at 1pm.
Not a good thing to do as there was nothing to do in the surrounding area, there was no bars close by apart from the odd tiny cafe/bar about a mile away. I ended up watching the chariot racing in the arena plum next door to the San Siro which was pretty pony and I didnt have a clue what the betting was about and it all seemed a right old fix.
Anyway the wait for the game was worthwhile. I bought the ticket from the booth outside for only about 15 quid and i ended up in the gods with the ultras, my ticket was actually for another part of the ground but I managed to blag my way to the top of the stadium behind the goal.
There was hardly any Parma there maybe about 50 of them but the atmosphere was pretty good mainly because AC Milan came from being behind and the blokes with the loudspeaker type thingys were constantly geeing up the crowd.

Yep thats the one - think it was 4-3 though.

We struggled in general to find places to drink to be honest - some awesome cafe bars but they tended to shut early, and the nightlife (around the centre anyways) seemed to be mainly really top-end night clubs. Ended up spending half the time in an English style pub called "the Football" (although it was totally Italian run at least).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here