Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone On Here Actually Ever Been Hit By A Thrown Coin?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Genuinely interested to know.

I mean, does being hit by a coin lobbed from from, what, twenty foot away, actually cause you to fall the ground poll-axed as if clubbed from behind by, um, a club? Or is there an element of play-acting under instructions from above going on there? ???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes as a kid at the infamous Chelsea match at the Goldstone.

Old Pennies - i just put my Parka hood up and it didn't seem too scary - but they were VERY BIG BOYS and I was only 10.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I havn't ever been hit by a coin, but I'd imagine a pound coin must bloody hurt. I've only ever thrown 5p's (at carp in a wishing well), but they just eyed me with fishy disdain.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Titanic said:

Old Pennies - i just put my Parka hood up and it didn't seem too scary - but they were VERY BIG BOYS and I was only 10.

Me too. Same game. Didn't hurt that much, but I didn't hang around.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Easy 10 said:
I havn't ever been hit by a coin, but I'd imagine a pound coin must bloody hurt. I've only ever thrown 5p's (at carp in a wishing well), but they just eyed me with fishy disdain.

Cheapskate. :jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would imagine a £1 coin and a direct hit would be pretty painful.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Titanic said:

I seem to remember spending most of Friday night throwing money at you, Titanic.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
MOTD this morning said a mobile phone had been retrieved from the pitch and handed to the police.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
MOTD this morning said a mobile phone had been retrieved from the pitch and handed to the police.

I think one was thrown but missed.

Clearly the fan in blue threw something as well.

Having said that last season my phone "flew out of my hands" in an annoyed arm wave (Rushden I think) but the steward kindly retrieved it :lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
probably wouldn't hurt as much as a coin especially as its probably a cheap plastic scouse phone.stolen of course.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Titanic said:

Very big pennies too as I recall. But... did you put your Parka hood up BEFORE or AFTER you were hit by a big old penny? Think carefully now, because depending on your answer we may able to patent the, um, Patented Goalkeeping Parka - with all profits going to the Alive & Kicking Fund naturally.Did you think 'Ouch! I've just been hit by a big old penny. I think I'll put my Parka hood up now so as to protect against further big old penny attacks'. Or was your Parka hood already up when you were struck by aforesaid big old penny? In which case I'm guessing it probably never hurt at all.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:

Having said that last season my phone "flew out of my hands" in an annoyed arm wave (Rushden I think) but the steward kindly retrieved it :lolol:

Hoolie

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Genuinely interested to know.

I mean, does being hit by a coin lobbed from from, what, twenty foot away, actually cause you to fall the ground poll-axed as if clubbed from behind by, um, a club?

No, it doesn't make you fall to the ground

Stings a bit, expecially if you get it square in your face, which I did

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
I got hit by a coin lobbed in the school playground. Don't know what coin it was but it hit me an inch under my right eye and it really hurt. I didn't fall over and was just gratefull it didn't hit me in the eye.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I got hit on the head by a rounders bat when I was in the Cubs, don't know how a coin compares but I can tell you that it hurt quite a bit and I still have a small scar above my left eye as a permanent momento.

What a pillock for throwing a phone on the pitch, shouldn't be too difficult for plod to find the culprit, assuming of course it wasn't nicked and had the sim card in it.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I got hit in the ear by the tiniest stone when I was about 10... I promise you it hurts and is a shock.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
yep ... at Elland Road ... twice at our away match in 1981 (I Think) .. it was fecking freezin and we were huddled in a corner of the ground ... all kinds of missiles (two coins hit me)

Years earlier (1976?) hit by a half house brick outside Elland Road after watching Newcastle v Bolton in a neutral ground League Cup replay

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
A certain well known D Blocker lost an eye I believe when following England away in Turkey. He for one would be able to tell you exactly the damage it can cause and anyone who does it is a brainless turd

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Ive been hit when a full can of coke. It was thrown at my head in town. Knocked me to the floor, bloody hurt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here