Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone noticed

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
the development taking place on the A27.
Positioned between Falmer station and southern water.
I am led to believe southen water sold part of their car park for this project which is going to become hall,s of residence.
Sorry if this is old news but for me several questions arise from this.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
It helps our cause. The more construction near Falmer when LDC are trying to argue that it is natural unspoilt paradise / 8th wonder of the world the better!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It's new halls of residence for Sussex Uni. It's been discussed on here a few times. I started this thread on it a while back.

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
I know that, but why no opposition from Falmer DC, Lewes DC, its a stones throw from were the stadium is to be positioned.
If its purely down to council borders etc ,
why not reposition the stadium 100 yards south, or as i believe only the car park is in the lewes area build the ground without the car park or reduce its size (the car park not the stadium).
i know its a simplistic idea but as yet no-ones explained why its so vital to have these extra parking spaces when so much of the university will remain unused at match times.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Theres no opposition because it's not a stadium full of thuggish lower class football fans. Simple as that really.
I believe it is a coach park that is in the LDC boundary not a car park. I would imagine that it and its size are essential for meeting the sustainable transport guidelines which is one of the reasons that Falmer got acknowledged by the 3rd inspector as the best site. That is why it can't be reduced or removed from the plans.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is obviously a good reason why it can't be done but if the only offending part is the coach park why not build it south or east of the ground which is in Brighton Council control thus removing everything fro LDC area. As I said there is obviously a good reason why this cannot happen, that I haven't thought of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here