Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone moaning about AMEX atmosphere should have gone to Birmingham today

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
20,000 there but the home support was bloody dreadful.

Brighton fans outsung them for 95% of the game.

And I think it is now commonplace for home crowds to be quiet. Our support at the AMEX still compares very favourably I think.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
20,000 there but the home support was bloody dreadful.

Brighton fans outsung them for 95% of the game.

And I think it is now commonplace for home crowds to be quiet. Our support at the AMEX still compares very favourably I think.

All the noise made by us. CMS song was top draw

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Thought Ipswich were bad but the self styled 'famous blues' were shocking.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Most away fans out-sing the home fans

I arrived thinking were in for some atmosphere here and Im not joking all albion fans only once did I hear any noise from Brum

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Most away fans out-sing the home fans

Agreed, although the AMEX moaners don't seem to know this!

Today was a shocking example of how bad the home support can get.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The song which is always sung at the AMEX, in the tune of 'Just can't get enough'
never heard that from North End of WSU so obviously always sung fairly quietly at The AMEX...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was surprised at the Brum fans, I thought they had a reputation for being passionate/loud/nutters.

They weren't.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I only heard the home fans twice, but neither time could I make out what they were singing. Although the first time I imagine they sang either "we can see you holding hands" or "does your boyfriend know you're here?" because of our reactions :p

Terrible support. Everything about the away day today made me glad to be a Brighton supporter and have the Amex, with its atmosphere and wonderful catering :D

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I've never heard it from the north corner of the WSL either, & I'm right at the front..... Wouldn't mind learning it though

You might recognise it when you hear it. It's never particularly loud or sustained, admittedly, but it's audible from the family stand.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Totally agree if anyone complains about the Amex atmosphere pop yourself to a Birmingham home game, it was like a morgue apart from the away end.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Listening on the radio commentary I thought that the game had been switched from St Andrews to Withdean.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Although there are only a few times I can get down to watch a match, approx 4-5 home games & whatever London games a season we have, I think that Brighton fans always give a good account of themselves & I am proud of the vocal support I hear on the radio or TV. Even with The Withdeans acoustics you were great but with The Amex you are f***ing brilliant. Admittedly there is a severe lack of variation of chants & if this were remedied then it would be even better but how anyone can complain about the lack of vocal support I think that some people need to have their ears syringed. The Amex has started to fulfill our dreams of becoming a "big" club with the attendances that we have always had the potential to have & once everyone has settled in then I can only imagine that the noise will increase as the fans that are returning to support their local team get into the spirit & get familiar with the chants/songs. I am proud of our support even if there are a minority that seemingly want to piss on the parade & look for reasons to moan.

All together now:

AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL-BBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN, ALLL-BBIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here