Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know how full West Stand Upper is getting?

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I went to the presentation last night and the bloke said they've got around 4000 people booked for presentations in the next month. They've had to allow more people to go per presentation.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I went to the presentation last night and the bloke said they've got around 4000 people booked for presentations in the next month. They've had to allow more people to go per presentation.

These must be the fans on the database who have got their letters and want to get in before the ST's go on general sale.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

If that figure is accurate and the 7000+ sold already on top of 1901s is also accurate ... then there is little doubt we will sell 15000+ season tickets.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If that's true, and 10,400 are already sold (7,500 STH + 2,900 1901s), then we're going to sell 15-16,000 bare minimum before APRIL, some 4 months before the stadium opens. Jesus.

Surely there has to be a possibility of exceeding 17,000 if that is to be believed. I am an optimistic soul, but I didn't see that coming.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
That would be an amazing turnout. If these figures are all accurate i.e. 10k gone already and 4k booked for March, plus more to come in April through to August, then there really will be slim pickings for the general sale each game which will be a shame

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We sure this ground's gonna be big enough? Erk.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We sure this ground's gonna be big enough? Erk.
Yes. Or at least it will be when capacity is up to the 30,000 it is designed for.

I hope they do cap it at say 17k, there really needs to be a few thousand available for every game on general sale.
I hope they don't. And they use it as ammunition to any nimby who argues that a ground capacity increase isn't necessary.

If they sell every available seat to a STH, there is no way the corners won't be filled in for 2012/13, adding another 3,000 or so to the capacity.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Yes. Or at least it will be when capacity is up to the 30,000 it is designed for.

I hope they don't. And they use it as ammunition to any nimby who argues that a ground capacity increase isn't necessary.

If they sell every available seat to a STH, there is no way the corners won't be filled in for 2012/13, adding another 3,000 or so to the capacity.

this

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
I hope they do cap it at say 17k, there really needs to be a few thousand available for every game on general sale.

Why? If the club sell out fully before the season starts (which I don't believe they will) then that's money in the bank; there is no point keeping any back for "general sale" as that's not guarenteed income, if we are going through a rough patch of poor results there is no guarentee that they will sell and the club loses out on income.

Sell them all before the season starts, keep none back, and job done!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There will always be the 900 or so that they have to keep back for away fans to meet the 15% FA Cup allocations.

These are in a block at the south end of the Bovril Stand.

Unless they sold these as season tickets too - but with no first dibs on an FA Cup ticket??

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Is it that easy to get the permission to expand though?

I still think it would be terrible for there to be zero tickets for general sale, how are the club meant to attract new fans if you know that you can't go to ANY home games for a whole season? I know it's been said a hundred times already, but people will be buying season tickets even though they won't go to half the games as it'll be the only way to get a ticket to a game. Therefore we may well end up with large numbers of empty seats each game.

I understand for the clubs point of view that it would be guaranteed maxiumum cash and as you say, less running costs but I still believe it'll be to the detriment of the club overall

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Why? If the club sell out fully before the season starts (which I don't believe they will) then that's money in the bank; there is no point keeping any back for "general sale" as that's not guarenteed income, if we are going through a rough patch of poor results there is no guarentee that they will sell and the club loses out on income.

Sell them all before the season starts, keep none back, and job done!

As a life long fan who happens to live in the midlands and can only get to a few home games plus some away games I think that would be very unfair on a sizeable section of the fanbase. Not only would it stop us ever getting to see home games, I should imagine with the priority rights season ticket holders will have for away matches, we'll also be very lucky to get tickets for most away games - and certainly all the popular ones.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Do you know if they are entitled to +3 or just one ticket each? If +3 we could be sold out in the next few weeks!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There will always be the 900 or so that they have to keep back for away fans to meet the 15% FA Cup allocations.

These are in a block at the south end of the Bovril Stand.

Unless they sold these as season tickets too - but with no first dibs on an FA Cup ticket??

If things go exceptionally well on the ST front I can see the club selling 500 League only ST's with 400 left for general sale.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
mcshane, I held your point of view, then changed my mind:

1) More season ticket holders = more money up front = better planning. It hasn't done Norwich City any harm.
2) The club need a bigger stadium than 22,500. So lets start off by filling what we have got. 19,000 STH in that place will mean the ground will HAVE to be expanded within a year, even if by just 2-3,000.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As a life long fan who happens to live in the midlands and can only get to a few home games plus some away games I think that would be very unfair on a sizeable section of the fanbase. Not only would it stop us ever getting to see home games, I should imagine with the priority rights season ticket holders will have for away matches, we'll also be very lucky to get tickets for most away games - and certainly all the popular ones.

Indeed. There is going to be a pretty massive scramble for away tickets next season, with so many season ticket holders.

It will be very interesting to see what the proposed 'loyalty scheme' is... as that might make it even more difficult for occasional away fans (say those that live up north) to get tickets for games??

Hopefully, bigger grounds in the Championship (if we get there) will help, as we should get more tickets if we need them?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do you know if they are entitled to +3 or just one ticket each? If +3 we could be sold out in the next few weeks!

My letter says "This is your first chance to buy tickets for yourself and your family" . This implies to me that the +3 deal is available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here