Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone just seen Newcastles support tonight?

Oct 25, 2003
I don't think Newcastle fans are particularly fickle. It's just that they're no more loyal than any other fans in the country.

i'd agree with that- but up here no-one seems to claim that they ARE any more loyal than anyone else- it seems to be a claim that solely exists outside of the north east

they're up there with the likes of city, villa etc in the 'big support but little success' band of clubs

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

Thank f*** it's not only me who knew that, I try explaining that to people, but they dont have it. Blobby, have you got a link proving that please? Will use that in the future.:clap2:

f***ing hate Chelsea.

www.soccerbase.com - The Internet Soccer Database

click on results/fixtures

then select Chelsea

then at the bottom it allows you to pick the season

then click on the result of the match and gives you the attendance and scorers etc

crowd v Coventry was 8,923. The match before v Swindon attracted 11,180. 10 days after the Coventry match they played Man Utd at Wembley in the FA Cup final!!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just wait til the season ticket renewal comes up:lolol:
Its only the fact most have season tickets from last year that the crowds are good so next season will be very very interesting:rolleyes:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Just wait til the season ticket renewal comes up:lolol:
Its only the fact most have season tickets from last year that the crowds are good so next season will be very very interesting:rolleyes:

You forget the fact that the Geordies are mental though. The majority will work 60 hour weeks in order to afford their season tickets. If the team do well then great; if not then they will enjoy having a good moan. It gives them something to do and talk about ad nausiam (sp?) :thumbsup:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
but up here no-one seems to claim that they ARE any more loyal than anyone else- it seems to be a claim that solely exists outside of the north east

You must have been away when the Mike Ashley protests first kicked off and the Newcastle Fans were droning on to anyone who would listen about being the greatest fans in the country, footballs like a religion, etc, etc, yawn.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Wigan struggle to get 2,000 at one time?

I can remember us going up to Blackburn and often playing in front of 6,000 odd.

I think it is the same for most teams since the premiership has taken off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Didn't Wigan struggle to get 2,000 at one time?

I can remember us going up to Blackburn and often playing in front of 6,000 odd.

I think it is the same for most teams since the premiership has taken off.
We dicked Blackburn 4-1 at their place one evening in 1985. Attendance? 3,589.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here