Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone just seen Martin Perry on BBC South?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
i was told this at my season ticket presentation when I was worried that I would be stuck in the familly stand next season when my oldest would cost me an adult ticket - they seemed certain then that we would be increasing capacity. Relieved they've stuck with this plan.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Assuming a worst case scenario and the planning application has to go to committee for decision, it will have to be submitted by when in order to be approved (hopefully) by end April 2012?

It only takes about 8 weeks if they have to go to committee.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Given the demand for season tickets it would be wise to do this. Of course if we have a modest season (known as 'Doing a Palace') season ticket demand will be reduced no doubt.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Given the demand for season tickets it would be wise to do this. Of course if we have a modest season (known as 'Doing a Palace') season ticket demand will be reduced no doubt.

exactly, its a given that these JCL will do one the minute we drop out of the top 6.

I think we should try crawling before we can run...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

13 weeks as it will be a major I think, and then it will probably tick on some. Ideally any application would be in before the end of the year.

The club will want to do this because although EXTREMELY unlikely if we make it to the PL this season then they'll want the additional seats next summer to maximise the profits for what might be a short period before relegation the to Championship again. I doubt the clubwould want to be in a situation wereby we are limited to 22,500 seats for our only season in the PL no matter how unlikely it is we make it there in the first place.

Last edited:

It'll be neither a householder nor a small scale application though.

13 weeks as it will be a major I think, and then it will probably tick on some. Ideally any application would be in before the end of the year.

The club will want to do this because although EXTREMELY unlikely if we make it to the PL this season then they'll want the additional seats next summer to maximise the profits for what might be a short period before relegation the to Championship again. I doubt the clubwould want to be in a situation wereby we are limited to 22,500 seats for our only season in the PL no matter how unlikely it is we make it there in the first place.

Hmmmm. Thanks for the opinion/info. If you do work in Planning at B&HCC, how's the TMS getting on - Mr Reeves isn't it?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'd be interested to know who sits on the planning committee at the council now that the Greens are in charge and whether this would affect our chances.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Let's not forget that the main issue to fix before anyone can dream of 30k attendances is the transport plan, not the stadium upgrade.

As long as the club can demonstrate in a few weeks' time that the existing plan works, AND that adding another 7.5k fans won't cause any problems, we'll all be fine...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Let's not forget that the main issue to fix before anyone can dream of 30k attendances is the transport plan, not the stadium upgrade.

As long as the club can demonstrate in a few weeks' time that the existing plan works, AND that adding another 7.5k fans won't cause any problems, we'll all be fine...

Spot on. Transport will be THE issue.

I'd be interested to know who sits on the planning committee at the council now that the Greens are in charge and whether this would affect our chances.

Green (x5), Conservative (x4), Labour (x3).
http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1182375

I don't think the political make up of the planning committee will have any bearing on an application to increase capacity. As under the previous regime, approval will come down to whether there's a transport system is place that will cope with 30,000 but, unlike the current situation, where the stadium is approved for 22,500 but opening/use is conditional upon the club demonstrating that it has a scheme/system that will cope with that number, BHA will need to submit a 30,000 scheme with the extension application.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Green (x5), Conservative (x4), Labour (x3).
http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1182375

I don't think the political make up of the planning committee will have any bearing on an application to increase capacity. As under the previous regime, approval will come down to whether there's a transport system is place that will cope with 30,000 but, unlike the current situation, where the stadium is approved for 22,500 but opening/use is conditional upon the club demonstrating that it has a scheme/system that will cope with that number, BHA will need to submit a 30,000 scheme with the extension application.

Thanks - good answer!!!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
How come Newhaven have been allowed to put in 2000 seats though? And they come under Lewes DC, don't they?
Thats where the big screens are now going....home games to be shown live for all the JCL's that didn't manage to get tickets,:D

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It seems there are some on here who may even be disappointed if ST sales don't drop at the end of next season given that they believe interest is just temporary.

On the other hand, given that we have a progressive board and management who will wish to further stimulate interest, I have no problem in imagining that the demand for those further seats will be there.

Remember too that the cost of these works will only increase in the future, so, the sooner the better.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
7,500 added to the capacity is roughly the equivalent of another 100 fully laden double decker buses needed to take the fans to and from the ground when its a sellout :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here