Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone in / near Lancaster?!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The British Geological Society confirmed there had been an earthquake of 3.7 magnitude at 1120 BST on Tuesday.

It centred on Ulverston in Cumbria and was felt around Barrow, Kendal, Windermere, Fleetwood and the North Lancaster area.

Police and the fire service said there had been no initial reports of damage or injuries.

Frank McCall, who lives in Grange Over Sands, said: "I felt the house shake. At first I thought a lorry had hit the side of the house.

"I went outside and noticed neighbours were also on their doorsteps looking a bit bewildered.

"There hasn't been any damage that I can see, but it was quite frightening."

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I guarantee this gets more press than the earthquake in L'Aquila got:shootself

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
"...my swivel chair started moving and the pens in their holder shook"

Next: gale threatens Colchester: "that branch just lost three leaves, and Beryl at number 83 says she'll not be putting her delicates on the washing line today."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cue somebody posting the old favourite "earthquake flattens Liverpool/Hull/Croydon, £30 worth of damage caused" :jester:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Cue somebody posting the old favourite "earthquake flattens Liverpool/Hull/Croydon, £30 worth of damage caused" :jester:

With the current recession you might need to change you valuation to about £17.50

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I guarantee this gets more press than the earthquake in L'Aquila got:shootself

It happened in THIS country, so it should. Our press spend far too much time blabbering on about what happens elsewhere, I care more about what happens in England, frankly.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Earthquake now confirmed in liverpool / hull / croydon ,the trail of devastation is massive,1st guesses estimate damage to be from £17.50 - £30. Experts said ah well never mind.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It happened in THIS country, so it should. Our press spend far too much time blabbering on about what happens elsewhere, I care more about what happens in England, frankly.

So a tremor killing approximately 0 people should get more coverage than an actual earthquake which killed 296 people, just because it happened in this country?

I'm sorry but a tremor is NOT news. No one cares about someone sitting at their office desk being terrified that her pens are shaking about the pen holder.

Hasn't this threatened the collapse of Sellafield and an ensuing nuclear holocaust? As a precaution, Gordon Brown needs to protect our future energy requirements by re-opening all the coal mines immediately.

I blame Thatcher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here