Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone here a SEO expert?

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Try contacting a company called Vertical Leap (Google them!) - I understand that they are considered amongst the best in this field.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
My company does SEO, we're based in Shoreham if you wanted to pop in for a chat.

Our website is bright-site[dot]co[dot]uk if you want to have a look at who we work with and get our contact details.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
It very much depends on the market you're in. To be honest I would say if you're paying less than £250 a month your SEO company probably isn't actually doing anything or you're in a very uncompetitive market.

Our SEO services start from £250/month but then I know some of the biggest agencies in Brighton starting from £2500/month!

It all comes down to return on investment. If by ranking highly and getting lots of traffic is going to generate you more income then it's worth paying for it.

A lot of cheap SEO companies will con you by ranking you highly for very specific keywords that actually don't generate any traffic. For example it would be very easy to get to number 1 for "Ink jet labels Shoreham-by-Sea" however there will be very few, if any, people actually using these keywords.

Boston

Sep 3, 2011
Beacon Hill, Boston, US
OK makes me feel much better. My SEO does increase my ROI, and yes i guess you get what you pay for. I was happy paying £250 / mth until i spoke with several other companies similar size to ourselves and they had a episode of the feinting goats, whe I told them how much:lolol:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
That's not how it works, at all.

£250 as stated above sounds like too much to me, but it depends on the individual situation.

Pretty aware that my suggestion wasn't all there is to it.. I had to to google to know even what seo is!

I'm paying £100pm + PPC.

I have had a return on that. I'm more than happy to spend £250, maybe more, but it would have to pay dividends. The company I am with had a guarantee of getting 3 mutually agreeable keywords onto page one within 6 months. They have 6 weeks to go and have managed 2.

Would really need to understand what a 150% increase on my spend would get me.

Seb, I will check out your site and sort out a chat soon. I am in Shoreham too

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I use software which has successfully got me in top 10 on Google for my chosen keyword. You need to be patient as once your site is optimised it can take several months to get to page 1 but I went from obscurity to 4th on page 1 in about 4 months

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Kingcole - can I suggest that the critical thing is not traffic, it is sales. A very small amount of traffic, all of which converts into a sale could be worth far more than thousands of visits where none of them buy. To know if your spend has generated sales you need tracking. Ask your SEO company about this. You can track the effect of SEO - if they say you can't then ditch them.

Secondly, make sure you know about all the tactics being used by your agency. Anything other than whitehat is to be avoided.

Thirdly, learn from your PPC and use that to identify new words/phrases to optimise.

If you get your tracking right and your on-page and off-page strategies lined up you could spend £000s on SEO - and happily. Just as long as you know it is generating a good ROI.

Last point - a reputable agency will be charging £400 a day for SEO. Not sure what you get for £250 - but my guess is that you're getting less ROI than you think. Are you attributing your ranking purely to SEO activity. Have you considered that natural links, content (and updates) etc all contribute to your SERPs? Don't over-value what £250 can do for you.

Hope that helps.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Honestly; Google Base. My manager was wrapped up in SEO spending a LOT. I spent about 2 days optimising our Google Base feed and our sales tripled. (Was down to Google Base as I installed tracker URL).

-EDIT-

Forgot its called Google Shopping now.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I have both my web site's appearing on page 1 in google search (natural listing ) & google maps. Costs me about £300 per year for both. ROI is also very very good (x 25 times my yearly outlay). Sure as he'll beats yellow pages and yell.com !!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here