Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone have footage of the jockey headbutting his horse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty much as the title says.
A jockey was unseated yesterday, at Strattford. He then apparently got up and butted the animal.

Don't know if he put him down or not, or if it turned into the cow incident in Me Myself & Irene.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I saw this on Sky Sports News earlier on, he just nutted the horse then he was leading the horse away off camera shot, no reaction from the horse, but the rider is being investigated for animal cruelty or something like that.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
BarrelofFun said:
Choose Horse racing on the drop down menu at the side and then click the relevant story.

I can't stand horses, but what a :censored: !!
Direct link here, should work, just click on the story...

Video: This Bloke Is A Total ****

He should be banned from Racing for LIFE...

Plenty of talk on the BBC board about it...

BBC Horse Racing Forum

Horse should have BUCKED his f***ing head off.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Woodchip said:
So you are actually commending headbutting a horse??

You really are a fuckwit of the highest order!
I think you need some reading lessons, where did I say that it was a good thing to do? The bloke looked like an idiot, but it can hardly be construed as animal cruelty when whipping horses is part of the sport. It just doesn't warrent this amount of outrage.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Billy the Fish said:
I think you need some reading lessons, where did I say that it was a good thing to do? The bloke looked like an idiot, but it can hardly be construed as animal cruelty when whipping horses is part of the sport. It just doesn't warrent this amount of outrage.
It was the "It's only a bloody horse FFS" bit at the end, that tended to imply that you could give a horse a good kicking and it wouldn't matter as it was "only a bloody horse".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks for that, guys.

Also thanks for proving I'm a lazy git who only ever uses the computer to look @ NSC & check the weather (on the BBC :dunce: )

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Woodchip said:
It was the "It's only a bloody horse FFS" bit at the end, that tended to imply that you could give a horse a good kicking and it wouldn't matter as it was "only a bloody horse".
What I meant was that it's a working animal, it probably didn't even feel the blokes helmet.
In all seriousness, how do you discipline a horse? The jockey could've been seriously injured if he'd had a bad fall, the horse needs to know that it cocked up and shouldn't behave like that again. If anyone has trained a horse can you let us know if this is really that bad

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
stupid stupid stupid thing to do, but i dont think he should be banned.

he hardly hit it hard(though its not right). so yes he did the wrong thing but i dont think he harmed the horse. a good punishment but no ban i believe.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Billy the Fish said:
What I meant was that it's a working animal, it probably didn't even feel the blokes helmet.
In all seriousness, how do you discipline a horse? The jockey could've been seriously injured if he'd had a bad fall, the horse needs to know that it cocked up and shouldn't behave like that again. If anyone has trained a horse can you let us know if this is really that bad
I wouldn't have thought headbutting would be in too many horse training manuals when it comes to disciplining the creature.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Sure the horse was not hurt but that does not condon it. He should be banned for at least 6 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here