Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone happy?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
all people behind me saturday were people i had a laugh with at withdean but their moaning saturday made me think very differently of them.... At the end of the day it was a shitty game, as the girl i sit next to said...no one cared about the game, they just wanted to see the stadium and experience the beautiful surroundings! The true atmosphere and real match day experience will happen at spurs and fully on the 6th august! No one would have gone to the ssc had it been played anywhere else which proves people were excited to see the stadium not the game, stop your moaning!

this

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I think even the comments above about the SSCF show the attitude of some people.

It wasn't the most exciting game, but it wasn't terrible, and the club needed ramp up events. I'm also delighted than OGH got to play and score the first goal. I think there might even have been more people there, if more had realised you could get in - the old Withdean problem - the legend that it was impossible to get tickets (which was only true in the first couple of seasons).

I agree with the point of this post, and do seriously worry if we lose a couple of games. I remember being disgusted a couple of years ago how quickly the fans of this team turn on their own. We're even lucky we didn't scare Gus off after a couple of months, let alone the abuse under Slade and Wilkins. We still have to work at being a great set of fans, even after what we've been through.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I loved it. Even got to see Gary score the first goal at the amex, right in front of us. It couldn't have been better.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure I've seen anything where people weren't, ultimately, very positive about Saturday. Almost every comment I've read, when people talk about their experience mentions the Wow factor.

The main gripe most had was with the catering which was completely shambolic, and that's being kind. But these events are all about finding the bits that don't work so well, learning and making them better the next time, and I have no doubt that there will be massive improvements for Spurs (but I might eat first just in case).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm not sure I've seen anything where people weren't, ultimately, very positive about Saturday. Almost every comment I've read, when people talk about their experience mentions the Wow factor.

The main gripe most had was with the catering which was completely shambolic, and that's being kind. But these events are all about finding the bits that don't work so well, learning and making them better the next time, and I have no doubt that there will be massive improvements for Spurs (but I might eat first just in case).

I don't think the majority of those that posted to this thread get it Bozza... far too easy to hijack constructive criticism with crass comments.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think the majority of those that posted to this thread get it Bozza... far too easy to hijack constructive criticism with crass comments.
Spot on. I don't know why our resident retard, sorry, the OP, started the thread in the first place. You look at NSC and everybody is being positive; people are commenting on where they feel improvements can be made (which is rather the point of the ramp-up events) but no one is whinging, no one is moaning, no one is complaining. Even the one bloke who said "I found it a bit of an anticlimax" got shot down in flames!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A few of the local county clubs followers seem to have had a little moan on The Nomad Forum..

Nomad Forum View topic - SUSSEX SENIOR CUP FINAL

I would say it is pretty much the same as on here munchkin, plus many of these posters are not necessarily going to be Albion supporters and are therefore giving a non partisan opinion. And that is what they are, opinions. Why is it that people on here get so touchy when the opinion they hold becomes moans when it doesn't agree with theirs?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes I just took some of the opinions from there...

As my old teacher would say C+ , could do better

It's going to be fantastic when it's full. Stewards sensible, transport (we got the train) worked very well, with clear instruction on where to go. Loved it

Good luck to the Albion though - if they can fill it each week then hopefully they'll do well in the Championship and fly the Sussex flag proudly. Though I hope they can do something about the ticket collection being in the same area as the store and people who already have tickets still having to queue for ages just to shop around - that's not clever thinking!

Had to queue 30 mins plus for food and drink, food was cold heard of people moaning food not cooked properly and still half frozen.
They also run out of pies to start with then hotdogs but im sure they will get it right before the season starts.

The Amex is now the premier ground in Sussex and we should be proud to finally have a state of the art stadium in the county!

Glad that you mentioned its our state of the art Stadium in Sussex! Its fabulous for football fans and the youngsters in Sussex.

Unfortunately until you open up you don't know what needs attention, on the whole pretty good, top stadium

Enjoyed my first visit to the Amex, a very impressive stadium even if there are a few finishing touches to do.

Stadium is finished to a high standard where finished. East stand obviously looks weird because it is obviously unfinished. When the east and the corners have been completed it will be a excellent stadium.

Seats increadible comfortable, and plenty of leg room. We were in the East stand, so presume they were the same all the way around the stadium.

I commented to my Arsenal supporting friend that I think the BHA seats are better than those at the Emirates. Kudos to the stadium people on that point.

What a journey and what a great destination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here