Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone happy?

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
Well Said good sir! We could have an AMAZING stadium and people would still moan (oh wait we do, cheer up fuckers!)

perry digweed

Oct 21, 2003
Brighton
I agree. If Tony visits here he'd close the Amex and send every one of you miserable fuckers on a 100mile round trip back to Pissfield!

:lolol:

I think Tony is fully aware that the opening games are to discover these teething problems... the club will be reading this feedback and I'm sure they will aim to make the necessary improvements that suit the majority of fans.

I personally could not be happier or more excited!! :amex:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I take the moaning as a positive sign that normal service has been resumed. We've got our new home, the years of campaigning are over, now we can go back to being normal football fans again ... petty, argumentative, self-centred, indignant etc.

I'm laughing off all the negatives I've read so far BUT I am worried about what effect the resident moaners will have when, inevitably, we lose a few matches this season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Incredibly stupid and juvenile thread that just sucks of the OP attention seeking.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
all people behind me Saturday were people i had a laugh with at Withdean but their moaning Saturday made me think very differently of them.... at the end of the day it was a shitty game, as the girl i sit next to said...no one cared about the game, they just wanted to see the stadium and experience the beautiful surroundings! the true atmosphere and real match day experience will happen at spurs and fully on the 6th August! No one would have gone to the SSC had it been played anywhere else which proves people were excited to see the stadium not the game, stop your moaning!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I'm happy! Yes I queued for an age but my overwhelming impression is that I just cannot wait for the first game as it will be AMAZING.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
all people behind me Saturday were people i had a laugh with at Withdean but their moaning Saturday made me think very differently of them.... at the end of the day it was a shitty game, as the girl i sit next to said...no one cared about the game, they just wanted to see the stadium and experience the beautiful surroundings! the true atmosphere and real match day experience will happen at spurs and fully on the 6th August! No one would have gone to the SSC had it been played anywhere else which proves people were excited to see the stadium not the game, stop your moaning!

Could not have put it better even after a few kronenburgs the game was meaningless we went coz its our new spiritual HOME

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Overall, (almost) everyone's happy and those who aren't...well, they can't have been Albion fans for long.

People are quite rightly just pointing out the operational flaws that, when corrected, will make the place even better. That's exactly what the ramp-up days were for.

I'm certain that having spent £90m on a stadium, Tony Bloom will want everyone to enjoy the experience so much that they keep coming back (and piling money into the club through food & merchandise)... So the club wants the feedback.

I take the moaning as a positive sign that normal service has been resumed. We've got our new home, the years of campaigning are over, now we can go back to being normal football fans again ... petty, argumentative, self-centred, indignant etc.

I'm laughing off all the negatives I've read so far BUT I am worried about what effect the resident moaners will have when, inevitably, we lose a few matches this season.

i think you are spot on tbo,the good old days were full of moaners and during the dark years they were the first to walk! Always remember losing several thousand when the entrance fee went up from a £1 to £1.50:down: Normal service resumed.Welcome back looks we just gotta make more noise to cover up the groaning.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I don't agree with you very often Rev, but you're spot on. The moaning on this site is unbelievable. Some people don't DESERVE this ground. If I were Tony Bloom and read this site, I'd take all my money back out of the club right now.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't agree with you very often Rev, but you're spot on. The moaning on this site is unbelievable. Some people don't DESERVE this ground. If I were Tony Bloom and read this site, I'd take all my money back out of the club right now.

Unless Tony Bloom doesn't give a sh*t about a fansite? He's a Brighton fan and if he had your attitude he wouldn't be our Chairman.

On the moaning front, we should just get used to it... I didn't get a pie and the queue was long, sure. But I sat in a comfy, dry seat at a brand spanking new stadium with a lush pitch and a playing side that excites me. Plus, I got to see GARY HART SCORE THE FIRST GOAL AT THE STADIUM!!

People have lost sight of the fact that these are "ramp-up events", things will go wrong and this is good because it allows the club to really know how the stadium is in terms of readiness.

But for the moaning? People moaned when we were top of the league, beating everyone in sight and playing the best football I've ever seen the Albion play. Some people are never happy so lets just ignore it, realise its part of football and enjoy the experiences for ourselves.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Overall, (almost) everyone's happy and those who aren't...well, they can't have been Albion fans for long.

People are quite rightly just pointing out the operational flaws that, when corrected, will make the place even better. That's exactly what the ramp-up days were for.

I'm certain that having spent £90m on a stadium, Tony Bloom will want everyone to enjoy the experience so much that they keep coming back (and piling money into the club through food & merchandise)... So the club wants the feedback.

Sems to have gone to 9 figures now in the papers...£100 million quoted somewhere. In "The Argus"...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
THE FRONT ROWS GOT WET!:facepalm: HOUR TO GET A PIE!:eek: NOBODY COULD FIND DICKS!???PALACE FANS RAN A MUCK! :tosser:THE PA WAS RUBBISH!:moo: THE STAIRS GO UP!:blush: BIG Q AT THE CLUB SHOP:glare: NEVER HAD THESE PROBS AT THE PRIESTFIELD:thumbsup:

Im still so happy cannot stop smiling, I wish we had a game tonight so I can experience all of the above again, bring on the Championship, its gonna rock...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here