Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone halted their boycott of the Goldstone Retail Park since the Amex opened

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Which is kind of my point. I bet there are a lot more people in Brighton who have never been there because it's mostly crap, as there are people who have never because of a self imposed ban.

What if the Albion moved from Queens Rd, and replaced JJB with a new Albion Superstore??

Now there's an idea. Could have a propah Albion museum there, too, and all the rest.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not got an issue in going there at all. As previous posters have said, we would never had got the Amex if we had stayed.
The ground was sold to a developer who then built these warehouses and then leased them to these stores.
I still have no idea how it is comet, toys r us, burger king etc's fault???

Yes it was our home and the way it was taken away was shocking but life goes on.

Sorry, but I agree with cardboard. I have no problem going in there now - especially as I have a young family. I think a boycott this long after the events, is a little odd tbh. Yes, I hated the way the ground was sold off but the club has risen from the flames better than anyone couldve hoped for. If we were still homeless and struggling because of the twats who put us in that mess I could totally understand peoples boycott of the place - but surely its time to move on now we have a fantastic new stadium and future ahead of us. The memories will always be there of the Goldstone, no-one will ever forget it - but the Amex is home now. The clubs new crest is looking forward....so should the rest of us.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Just an ask, what do the boycotters hope to achieve by not going there still? I could understand not going all the time we were homeless to a degree. Now it's time to move on. Holding grudges against these stores is misguided IMO.

By the amount of cars parked there at weekends I would suggest that these stores are not as shit as some are suggesting, or are you just snobs?

If you do buy from these stores but at alternative locations then to me that is just plain daft, unless you do make a day of it as a family or to meet up with friends/relatives.

Am I missing a point somewhere or just being a bad fan?

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
What if the Albion moved from Queens Rd, and replaced JJB with a new Albion Superstore?? This would unlock any boycott's wouldn't it? Would it then also mean you could pop in BK, and Comet after??[/QUOTE]

Bloody good point and a conundrum I cannot answer easily . On one hand would I be disappointed the Albion had moved a store there, or would I rejoice that they had morally reclaimed the Goldstone. I think for the other stores , I would definatly still boycott .

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Just an ask, what do the boycotters hope to achieve by not going there still? I could understand not going all the time we were homeless to a degree. Now it's time to move on. Holding grudges against these stores is misguided IMO.

By the amount of cars parked there at weekends I would suggest that these stores are not as shit as some are suggesting, or are you just snobs?

If you do buy from these stores but at alternative locations then to me that is just plain daft, unless you do make a day of it as a family or to meet up with friends/relatives.

Am I missing a point somewhere or just being a bad fan?

No your not a bad fan.

There are some people who cannot walk on cracks in the pavement or under ladders .I can't go to the Goldstone retail park. Nothing superstisious . Just can't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here