Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone halted their boycott of the Goldstone Retail Park since the Amex opened

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Whilst we have a sparkling new home at the Amex
Just can't bring myself to set foot on the hallowed ground in Old Shoreham Road
Sure I can live without Toys r Us etc

I appreciate age is a factor, and younger fans don't have the memory of the highs the lows and the total injustice perpetrated by Archer and Co.......... but for me nothing has changed

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If you have kids then it's hard to stay away from Toys R us I'm afraid... And NO, I don't wanna use the one up the road either.

I always spit on the ground when I get out of the car though. Out of kids view of course.

Never forget eh?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Never.

And Toys R Us is shit.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
We bought a sofa from DFS once. Weirdest experience of my life. Buying a sofa where Peter Ward once played. Never been back.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Never driven, walked or bussed past and never will except to watch a demolition crew when they all go bust!

Had to park in Hove Park once and walked down to the lights without looking right.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
To Clarify: even if you are a kid Toys R Us is still shit.

Also: JJB Sports is shit. Comet is shit. DFS is really shit. Burger King is a bit shit, though I have had cause to regret my boycott when feeling peckish in the area.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I didn't go shopping there until Falmer was under construction. It's hard to imagine if we had stayed at the Goldstone because I don't think we would have ever got Falmer. I miss the Goldstone and funnily Withdean, had magic days at both Stadiums. It was for us guys it was a long wait but in the History of the club it was just a short space of time to wait for such a new exciting era for our club.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
As a parent I have been tempted by Toys R Us, but managed restraint. I did HAVE to go to Becks Peugeot once but I had a feeling they were there in the Goldstone days anyway. Am I kidding myself?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, but it is easier when you dont need anything there. i was once pressed in to a trip to DFS, which i made on the condition it would have to be Tunbridge Wells branch. after being stuck in about 2 hours traffic around the trading estates, the suggestion was raised that we be allowed to go to the "Hove branch" (very diplomatic i thought) once Falmer is built. i believe i conceded that would be acceptable.

i never stepped foot in a F*cus either, traveling goodly mileage to nearest competitor.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I won't shop there but the Mrs has got stuff for our kids before at Toys R Us. Last time she was there a manageress slammed the double doors from the store room in to my 21 month old knocking her over then failed to stop or give first aid. They eventually sent a £10 voucher and aplogised for the incident "in their Hayes store". Don't boycott because it's the Goldstone. Boycott because they're a shoddy bunch of Jeremy Hunts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here