Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone had a bad cold/virus ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone had the end of summer bad cold/virus ?. I've had it for over a week now and it won't bloody well go away !. Anyone else had it and any decent remedies to get shot of it ?.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Nope, never doo for some bizarre reason, must be all that healhy livin I do :p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I haven't had it personally but know of two or three people that had had it recently.

Go to bed early with lemsips and a dose of Benilyn. Try and sweat it out.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
yep had it some time ago - took weeks to go away and had a really disgusting cough to go with it for the last week or so.... finally kicked it by upping the vitamin c intake and water intake (to near bladder busting proportions) as well as some zinv tablets from Boots....I went out late a couple of times when I thought I was over it and it just made it drag on longer...

Better get yourself a bell and sit on the sofa for a few days - just ring the bell when you need something..... hint this only works if you have a caring other half ;) :lol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've had one lingering for about a month, it was only bad for a few days but just won't go away now. I can feel it gradually going now though

*touches wood*

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Lots of people seem to be getting or have had this (myself included) with the main symptoms lasting 2-3 days but it just won't fully go, clinging on for 4 and up to 6 weeks. A little bugger.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
ive had it! and turned into a ear infection! i have been given strong antibiotics to take, but i cant take them till after saturday, coz im on a drinking binge on sat night! so im in emense pain at the moment! :nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is a bad virus. It started as a bog standard cold last week but has developed onto the chest/head and is bloody awful. Tried the sensible methond last week of no booze/fags and early nights which did not work so tried the alternaive method on Friday of 1/2 bottle of whisky and 6 fags as I thought I was suffering from a bad cold but also the shock of no booze or nicotine for 4 days. This has worked before but alas not this time. Woke up Saturday morning with a bad cold/virus and a bad hangover !. It took a monumental feat of human endeavour just to get to the Withdean for the game !.

Its started to get me down now :angry: :angry:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Know how you feel mate - I blew a muscle in my side coughing when I had it - made it bloody painful and had just had enough of it....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
brighton_b0y said:
ive had it! and turned into a ear infection! i have been given strong antibiotics to take, but i cant take them till after saturday, coz im on a drinking binge on sat night! so im in emense pain at the moment! :nono:

Give up the booze for a week and take the antibiotics.

Not all antibiotics are ineffective with drink.

Ask the pharmacist and you may still be able to drink whilst taking them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here