Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got this new SKYCARD through yet then ?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I paid £20 for my Sky card so i can watch the terrestials. I dont pay SKY any further payments.

Will my card turn off soon?

If you bought it in the last three years or so they'll send one to the address you got it sent to. If its longer ago than that you need to buy another one if you want to keep the few channels it decodes - the main 4 terrestrials + spinoffs do not need the card.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Got ours through last week sometime. Made no difference to anything.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Thanks guys for the info on my card.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ihave had mine and installed it no visible difference in reception. What do I have to subscribe to in order to get anytime tv.

You basically need to have a Sky+ or Sky+HD box , ordinary digiboxes wont have enough memory. Only certain Sky+ boxes can get Anytime , boxes with version codes 4F21, 9F22, 4E21 and 4E30 will be able to pick it up and those with codes 4F20, 9F23, 9F21, 9F20 & 4E20 will not.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Anytime tv is next to useless anyway, needs a revamp as virgin are streets ahead in this department..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You're definitely not missing anything. In NO way are the new menus better. They're slower, harder to use and have no useful new features.

I would disagree the programme search function is excellent, much better than the old A-Z search.

Also the choice to record once or record all (series link) is a much better idea. I was forever setting a series to record and have to remember to series link later as it wouldnt do it immediately.

Looks like I may be the only one but I prefer the new set up.

And one more thing, when recording a series and there is a gap for some reason it remembers the settings so when the series starts again its still there

Oh and no new card yet

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm hoping that it will at least let you view the programme info up on the preview banner WITHOUT you having to access it through the planner screen,like you have to now. A minor irritant I grant you, but it still annoys me. If they've snorted that out, it'll be peachy.

I'm not the only one who finds that annoying then !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here