Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got FreeSat

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
My Sky set top box is an Amstrad digibox about 2 years old. Will this 'let' the HD signal through to a new full HD TV or will I need a new box?

No, you need a HD box. Sky's offering is something along the lines of £199 or so, and an extra £10 a month fee.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Can someone confirm without any doubt that you can buy a freesat box and attach it to a sky dish and it will work or do you have to buy a 'freesat' dish?

I ask because I'm moving into a house soon that already has a sky dish and cable running to the front room and thought I'd need to get the dish replaced?

Thanks

Sky dish will work. Any dish with a "Universal" LNB targetted at 28 degrees east will work - this includes all Sky digital installs.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No, you need a HD box. Sky's offering is something along the lines of £199 or so, and an extra £10 a month fee.

Thats what I thought. Its Maplins for me then to buy the whole HD FeeSat system for about £180. No monthly fees - vowed a couple of years ago that Sky would get no more of my money.

HUMAX FOXSAT-HD
£149.99
Collect from store available
Standard delivery from 2 - 5 days from £5.95
3 Years Cover £34.99

Collect from store
Humax Foxsat HD Freesat set top box capable of viewing both High Definition and Standard Definition channels. Features include full colour, high resolution electronic program guide, digital text, Dolby digital audio output, HDMI socket, Upscaling up to 1080i or 720p and USB connection.
More information Add to wish list GRUNDIG GUFSAT01
£49.99
Instant Replacement 3 Year Cover £16.99

Collect from store
Grundig SD Freesat set top box suitable for viewing Standard Definition Freesat digital channels and radio stations. Features include an easy to use electronic programme guide, digital text and twin scart sockets.
More information Add to wish list GRUNDIG GUFSATHD
£149.99
3 Years Cover £34.99

Collect from store
Watch both High Definition and Standard Definition channels on this Grundig freesat box Features include electronic program guide and picture-in-text
More information Add to wish list

Panasonic Viera TH42PZ81B Plasma HD Ready Television, 42 Inch with Built-in freesat
£1,299
FREE 5 year guarantee

Panasonic Viera TH50PZ81B Plasma HD Ready Television, 50 Inch with Built-in freesat
Out of Stock
£1,999
FREE 5 year guarantee

Panasonic Viera TH46PZ81B Plasma HD Ready Television, 46 Inch with Built-in freesat
£1,699
FREE 5 year guarantee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here