Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got an entertaining memory from our war years?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Interested in hearing some of the more light hearted stories during our war years.

Remember hearing about some guys pitching up outside Archers house one winter to spend the evening chucking snowballs at his house.

Last edited:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
That happened at bellends house and he, being high up on the Sussex Police authority, was able to get the police around to give him protection.

Of course, you & I could do just the same, like.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
During the height of the protests I was waiting for a hip replacement op and was hobbling around with a walking stick. During one match there was a mass "sit down if you hate Archer" which I couln't do & was the only person left standing
in a sea of seated fans feeling like a right prune. To make matters worse my "friends" then started some pretend abuse along the lines of "what's up mate don't you hate Archer?" . God I felt awful!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
That happened at bellends house and he, being high up on the Sussex Police authority, was able to get the police around to give him protection.

Of course, you & I could do just the same, like.

Right on the button of 3pm when the postponed game would have kicked off, a vicious onslaught of snowballs bombarded Bellotti's house. Combined with the assailants blowing the whistle's from the Hull game, it caused quite a bit of interest in a suburban Cul de Sac where probably little happens.

The weasel could be seen squirming behind the net curtains of an upstairs bedroom before he no doubt, took refuge in his bunker. Just for good measure, a few of the local kids joined in. They had no idea who Bellotti was, but they weren't going to miss the fun.

As expected, a rapid response car was there within minutes closely followed by reinforcements. By this time, the whole street were at their gates & windows. I think we returned for round two after a pub adjournment, but there were more police guarding Bellotti's house that probably the rest of Eastbourne!

Ironic that at least two of those present that afternoon, went on to be employed by the club - No names mentioned especially as one still is. :whistle:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Now my story begins in 19-dickety-two. We had to say 'dickety' cause the Kaiser had stolen our word 'twenty'. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
During the height of the protests I was waiting for a hip replacement op and was hobbling around with a walking stick. During one match there was a mass "sit down if you hate Archer" which I couln't do & was the only person left standing
in a sea of seated fans feeling like a right prune. To make matters worse my "friends" then started some pretend abuse along the lines of "what's up mate don't you hate Archer?" . God I felt awful!

Brilliant :lolol:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Mine was probably the mansfield boycot game where someone let us in to the vacant East and, at half time, fans just strode across the pitch to take the directors box.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mansfield away...we were stood in the away terrace...bellotti appears in the directors box and we were away into the stand after him....I got as far as the front of the directors box, before being man handled away by stewards

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Taking careful aim from my positon on the terrace in front of the West Stand and lobbing a Mars Bar at Bellotti. Got him with it too. Oh a happy moment. :clap:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Two spring to mind, Bellend on the train back from Swansea i think. Got told to get off the train by BR OB and looked a sorry sight getting loads of abuse on Bristol station as we pulled out.

The other was bellend getting chased out of the directors seats at the old Wigan ground. I remember seeing him arrive as I was waiting for a mate at the ground. Told the pub when i got there, and funnily enough all the seats around this area suddenly sold out. He ran (literally) after the first 3 mins...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Mine was probably the mansfield boycot game where someone let us in to the vacant East and, at half time, fans just strode across the pitch to take the directors box.

This for me. An 'inside man' opened a gate onto the East Terrace I believe. Harty with megaphone. Us 1-0 down at half time and the team being roared on to a 1-1 result by us invaders. Massive respect to the Mansfield fans who travelled down to see the match but refused to go in to watch their team in support of our protest. Marvellous scenes.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mine was at the filming of Goodbye Goldstone, that travesty of a Meridien 'debate' on the situation. I was sat directly behind Jo Bellotti, and had noticed a mild scattering of dandruff on the shoulders of her jacket. Or maybe, to be charitable, it was just dust.

Anyway, as filming neared and the crew ran round making last minute preparations, one guy started giving the stage floor a final sweep.

I couldn't resist.

I stood up, and as 100-odd faces swivelled towards me, loudly invited the guy to "come over here mate, Jo's got some really bad dandruff going on."

Laughter all round. Bellend turns his pinched face to me and hisses, "That was a cheap shot."

Well worth it.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
One other thing i remembered was cambridge away and having to sneek into the home end. Bought a cufc scarf in the port a cabin only to find 90% of the people in my section were albion.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Mansfield away...we were stood in the away terrace...bellotti appears in the directors box and we were away into the stand after him....I got as far as the front of the directors box, before being man handled away by stewards

was at that game, just out of interest if you had of reached him what would have been the outcome? :)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Mine was at the filming of Goodbye Goldstone, that travesty of a Meridien 'debate' on the situation. I was sat directly behind Jo Bellotti, and had noticed a mild scattering of dandruff on the shoulders of her jacket. Or maybe, to be charitable, it was just dust.

Anyway, as filming neared and the crew ran round making last minute preparations, one guy started giving the stage floor a final sweep.

I couldn't resist.

I stood up, and as 100-odd faces swivelled towards me, loudly invited the guy to "come over here mate, Jo's got some really bad dandruff going on."

Laughter all round. Bellend turns his pinched face to me and hisses, "That was a cheap shot."

Well worth it.

That dick who hosted the programme - Geoff Clark - I saw him at Hereford. I went over and said " Hello Geoff are you still up Archer's arsehole?" and he laughed at me and walked away. Tosser.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
was at that game, just out of interest if you had of reached him what would have been the outcome? :)

I would have asked after his health, wished him a long a successful career in the political sphere, and questioned his parentage.

Or there again I may not have....:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here