Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got a worse Leeds-related story than this?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
When I was 15 I was in a cafe in Shoreham waiting for the youth club to open at 7pm. An old lady came in, ordered a cup of tea and sat at my table. I was the only other one in the cafe apart from the owner.
She just said, 'Oh, I do feel tired.' She then just slumped in her chair. I knew she had gone and told the owner to ring for an ambulance. They were very quick and tried to revive her.
I rang Southlands (back in the 60's they still took emergencies there) and asked about her, and they told me she was dead on arrival. I suppose it was strange that I didn't get asked to attend a coroner's inquest but maybe they thought I was too young.
I went home as I didn't feel like going to youth club after that.

Since then, I've been with several close relatives (including my Dad) as they've died but they have been expected deaths (cancer).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
** Awaiting humourless, self-righteous post from Uncle Spielberg about how the woman who died is more important than a football match against Leeds **

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just go back to posting photos of sick people will you muppet.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
** Awaiting humourless, self-righteous post from Uncle Spielberg about how the woman who died is more important than a football match against Leeds **

*****STOP THE PRESS*********

Unnecessary insult posted on NSC :rolleyes:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The post from Wozza was directed at me and if those 4 ice pick murderers death something to be pleased about, for me yes

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
I'm not sure if I've come across any dead people in my line of work. It's difficult to tell if an accountant is alive or dead and the normal tell-tale signs of an awful smell emanating from the body is actually a positive career move within auditing.

The one thing I can definitely say is that if you do come across an accountant in a professional capacity DO NOT try to revive them.

:nono::yawn::rant::):D

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I'm not sure if I've come across any dead people in my line of work. It's difficult to tell if an accountant is alive or dead and the normal tell-tale signs of an awful smell emanating from the body is actually a positive career move within auditing.

The one thing I can definitely say is that if you do come across an accountant in a professional capacity DO NOT try to revive them.

If the person appears dead it is possible that they are an actuary, apparently the career favoured by people who find accounting far too exciting.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
RIP trolley lady.

On a more serious note I do.

Day of Hillsborough we were playing Leeds at Elland Road. Half time announcement comes on the tannoy been a disaster at Hillsborough it appears that there are about 50 Liverpool fans dead due to being crushed at the ground.

Cue the Leeds "kop" end cheering and chanting "we hate scousers and we hate scousers"...

Obviously throughout the game the death toll rises and each time a massive cheer and the same chants.

Utter, utter ****s.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was sat at home working on an assignment for college, when the news came through on the radio, one of my house-mates came in and told me that it was going out live on the TV...harrowing, harrowing scenes...we are used to seeing death and destruction piped live into our homes today but back then it was a rare occurrence, which probably helped to cement it in my memory.

What also sticks in my mind were the reactions of the fans of their opponents, who were also in shock, yet applauding the efforts of the emergency services to treat the injured. How anyone could derive any pleasure from that type of event, and senseless loss of life, just defies belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here