Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got a photo of Ponting taking a cricket ball in the gob?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Well I hardly think it's intellectual humour Tedebear, it's pretty slapstick if you ask me. But sometimes it's the simple things

How is delighting in someone elses pain a simple thing to be taken humour from. Ricky Ponting will become if he isn't already one of the greatest cricketers ever. If you have any respect for the sport you'll have respect the what the man has done.

I appreciate the Aussie vs English banter, I really do. I spent all day yesterday being ribbed at work, and most of it exceptionally funny. Not once did anyone wish any harm or take pleasure from anyone getting hurt, not even Ricky Ponting.

Generalise if you wish about Australians being agressive or arrogant or whatever you will, but laughing when someone else has taken a fairly painful injury, frankly is immature.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How is delighting in someone elses pain a simple thing to be taken humour from. Ricky Ponting will become if he isn't already one of the greatest cricketers ever. If you have any respect for the sport you'll have respect the what the man has done.

I appreciate the Aussie vs English banter, I really do. I spent all day yesterday being ribbed at work, and most of it exceptionally funny. Not once did anyone wish any harm or take pleasure from anyone getting hurt, not even Ricky Ponting.

Generalise if you wish about Australians being agressive or arrogant or whatever you will, but laughing when someone else has taken a fairly painful injury, frankly is immature.
Quite right, but even you must have laughed when Freddy crashed the ball into his backside five minutes later:laugh:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have to say, I was impressed with the lack of FUSS from Ponting after that. I gather he only missed 2 deliveries while he was off the pitch spitting blood.

If I'd taken a cricket ball full in the FACE from 5 yards, I'd be crying like a little BITCH for the rest of the weekend.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think we have a brilliant rivalry with the Aussie cricket team and I can't say I like their arrogance and I love it when we beat them, but why would anyone be glad that Ponting, who has been a great captain leading his team to victory on a number of occasions, had been hit in the mouth with a cricket ball.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I f***ing hate the prick but im off to The Oval tomorrow and I for one will be giving him a good reception, probably the last time we will see him bat in England.

Tin hat ON!:thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
funny how we, as a nation, tend to 'hate' winners, particularly of opposing nationalities . . althought its odd that once they've retired, or passed to the other side of the fence, they're ok . . . . ie in the commentary box, or in extremis, deceased, Ayrton Senna is a great example. Its not easy being a winner.

T'would appear most of NSC's 'winners' are abstaining from peurile banter

which is a shame cos it used to be fun :rolleyes:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I hate Ricky Ponting but he's a f***ing good cricketer and you have to respect him for that at least

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Ponting is a class act.

Unlike just about every poster on this thread.

Excuse me, Mr Hark, but I stood up for Ponting and said he was a great sportsman or something on those lines!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Merv Hughes would have caught that in his 'tache

Got to go down as a dropped catch

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
f*** me. You can't move for Ponting's face over here on the TV in Sydney. Hopefully that ball in the face will prevent him from badly reading an autocue on any more Chemists f***ing Warehouse adverts... :D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Merv Hughes would have caught that in his 'tache

Got to go down as a dropped catch

That's what I was thinking.

Let your team down there, Ricky :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here