Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone good with rottingdean and geography **VERY IMPORTANT**

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
There is no erosion, because of the sea wall and defences. The sea does not reach the cliffs. Periodic maintenance of the wall only.

Partly this.....there were extensive defense improvements....if you Google "Rottingdean sea defenses"..should explain year and what was expected from the works etc.
There will still be cliff erosion though not through wave. It'll be wind rain and temperature changes etc.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There is no erosion, because of the sea wall and defences. The sea does not reach the cliffs. Periodic maintenance of the wall only.

Ah...but what about the erosion caused by millions of tourists parading around the plough inn or round the pond?

Also isn't mr Kiplings house there? All those fatties looking for cake will cause the land to sink into the sea at the rate of, oh, I dont know, about 17 ft per annum. There's also St. Dunstans. All those blind ex servicemen careering around is going to cause some sort of seepage or cracking of the tectonic plate?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
got my exam tommorow for it and i need a few research answers i cant find which are:

:tantrum:

Just out of interest. when you say you have an exam for it, what are we talking about? GCSE? Degree? 11+?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just out of interest. when you say you have an exam for it, what are we talking about? GCSE? Degree? 11+?

Driving test? It's part of the theory component. He wants to know if he needs to put slicks on and keep an eye out for tourists.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Driving test? It's part of the theory component. He wants to know if he needs to put slicks on and keep an eye out for tourists.

Now that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up! :thumbsup:

Field trip to Cadair Idris sorted that one for me.

5 am dips in the Irish sea. Breaking in to the closed Cardiff Arms Park. Getting insanely drunk in Cardiff during our 'independent' work day. Rebel.
Someone's geography has gone awry. Cardiff is nearer to Rottingdean than it is to Cader Idris (if you measure the difference in driving times).

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Someone's geography has gone awry. Cardiff is nearer to Rottingdean than it is to Cader Idris (if you measure the difference in driving times).

They were all activities on the same trip, your honour. Badly worded, granted.

How did our young geographical protégé get on?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He used a combination of the Husty/Gaswag graph and failed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here