Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to the Olympic Soccerball at Wembley?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
− Firearms, ammunition and explosive devices (including replicas, component parts or any device suspected to be a firearm or part of a firearm) or anything resembling these items (including toys).

Well I'm going to have to change my plans then.

I love how they sent me a text message yesterday saying I will be getting a critical email about the Olympic football, I thought they might have changed the date or cancelled the whole thing.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
All about protecting the key Olympic Sponsors and making sure their little brands have maximum airtime. The Dutch thing mentioned earlier was a group of very sexy busty girls all wearing a Dutch beer branded tshirt which wasn't an official wrold cup beer and FIFA moaned about it and the beer got more airtime then they could ever wish for.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry but what on that list is unreasonable? You have to bear in mind, and I know some Olympic naysayers may find this hard to fathom, that any event held in Wembley during the one of the whole WORLD'S premier sporting events may be a reasonable target for someone whose heart is set on disruption. These measures are just designed to minimize the impact that they can cause. I am sure that you have lost count of the times that you have tried to smuggle your bicycle into the Amex and succeeded though, so well done.

Which is why we'd be better off not having the Olympics in London.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have no interest whatsoever in the Olympics, but what fun it would be to do some guerilla advertising for an unauthorised brand.

All about protecting the key Olympic Sponsors and making sure their little brands have maximum airtime. The Dutch thing mentioned earlier was a group of very sexy busty girls all wearing a Dutch beer branded tshirt which wasn't an official wrold cup beer and FIFA moaned about it and the beer got more airtime then they could ever wish for.
The Olympics is all about competition - except when it comes to sponsorship, when it's all about stifling competition.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
There are RULES that you'll need to OBEY. LOTS of them. But these ones are very jackson.

Items that are prohibited from Wembley are:

− Tents, placards, spray paint, large industrial style “permanent“ marker pens or any other item which could be used to demonstrate within the venue or sabotage property. Tents? What is a marker pen going to do and how is it to be used for sabotage? 'ENEMY SABOTEURS HAVE SCRIMSHAWED THE CONCRETE!
− Walkie-talkies, phone jammers and radio scanners. Bond, James Bond
− Personal/private wireless access points and 3G hubs (smart devices such as Android phones, iPhones and tablets are permitted but must not be used as wireless access points to connect multiple devices). Who does this?
− Items too large to be electronically screened (if applicable). Alright lads put the tv away.
− Bicycles, folding bikes, roller-skates and skateboards and scooters. Surely..
− Pets or animals (excluding service animals). Pftt..You know...as you would..
− Frisbees and similar items uhmm...? Discus ruled out then
− Musical instruments: trumpets, drums, and other devices capable of causing a disturbance or nuisance.
− Noisemakers such as hunting horns, air horns, klaxons, drums, vuvuzelas, football rattles, clappers and whistles. Lol
− signs or items with corporate or inappropriate branding, sponsorship, promotional or marketing material or literature, except for official Games merchandise and/or other football related clothing worn in good faith, any unofficial or counterfeit merchandise. As Ordered by McDonalds
− professional-style cameras (any camera with interchangeable lenses) or recording/transmitting devices. Why??
− unauthorised charity collection utensils Feeeeeeeeed The Wooooooorld

The Olympics is all about competition - except when it comes to sponsorship, when it's all about stifling competition.

Yep, even down to chips.

McDonalds have managed to get a ban on any other food outlet within the Olympic parks to sell chips on their own, they can only be sold when ordered with another food item ie Fish.

McDonalds being the official food of the Olympics an all, I can fully imagine all the Olympians will be tucking into a Big Mac, large fries and coke the morning of their event. Bunch 'O' Cvnts.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
In what way is an unopened bottle of Pepsi a security threat?

Or, for that matter, a Pepsi Cola t-shirt?

Nothing to do with security but everything to do with Coca Cola being the OFFICIAL supplier of soft drinks.

I went to the Cricket world Cup in Pakistan in 1996 and Pepsi were doing ambush marketing even then. And we weren't even allowed to take pencils into the grounds because of "security".. and the only refreshmanet that was provided to the plebs was water via a filty stand point - oh and no loos either!

But its not a very sustainable transport policy if you are BANNED from CYCLING, even if it is an OLYMPIC event. But i think most sets of ground regulations would not allow you to bring in a tent

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I wasn't saying that a bottle of unopened pop is a security threat. I was more commenting generally on the levels of security which you seem to be complaining about?

Having said that it does say in your OP: I guess that does constitute a kind of security threat, if you are willing to LUZZ said bottle at a player.

Why would you actually WANT to wear a Pepsi branded t shirt thereby giving Pepsi free advertising, in fact probably not free to you as you would have PAID for the pleasure of owning the t shirt. But, for arguments sake, if you really wanted to wear your super cool Pepsi t shirt to watch the Olympic football it would be a little unfair if they took it off you and gave you a plain white t shirt - presuming they would confiscate it.

ah but what if Pepsi had PAID YOU to wear it???? Happened at the Worldf Cup in S. africa with some Dutch girls as I recall!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
professional-style cameras (any camera with interchangeable lenses) or recording/transmitting devices

Wembley is only venue with this rule. ALL the other London 2012 venues are permitting ANY camera equipment that is not longer than 30cm in length (ie no actual professional lenses, or tripods). This has always been Wembley's rule and isn't because of the Olympics - I wonder how many other rules on that list are just because of the FA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here