Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone get the Independant this morning?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brilliant article by Miles Kington

New uses of words in the UK

ie ABSOLUTELY:

- The world which has now virtually replaced "YES"

DESIGNATED

- this now means sober, as in " designated driver"

There are many more.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
also a great article about Brighton for the students.

" Not many people kno wthe true majic of Brighton. Come here, and its secrets will be revealed ( The San Fransisco of teh South Coast). When you settle here, you will see that the modern British notion of community - of knowing more about Big Brother evictees than your neighbours- has a lot to do with lack of imagination. In Brighton, adventure and anarchy still exist. With a range of eclectic nightlife, tasty food and nature all around, the place has something to excite everyone. More than everything, Brighton has passiuon. It is the microcosm of the world we want to live in, where multiple community groups are fighting for a better society. Come on in Folks, the doors are wide open!!"

DON GLASS, President of the Sussex University students Union.

Is this the Brighton you know?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Dies Irae said:
Is this the Brighton you know?

No, in a word. It's the Brighton of a wasted student who is trying desperately to sound intellectual and will f*** back off to Potters Bar when he's finished his degree.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Dies Irae said:
"Not many people kno wthe true majic of Brighton. Come here, and its secrets will be revealed ( The San Fransisco of teh South Coast). When you settle here, you will see that the modern British notion of community - of knowing more about Big Brother evictees than your neighbours- has a lot to do with lack of imagination. In Brighton, adventure and anarchy still exist. With a range of eclectic nightlife, tasty food and nature all around, the place has something to excite everyone. More than everything, Brighton has passiuon. It is the microcosm of the world we want to live in, where multiple community groups are fighting for a better society. Come on in Folks, the doors are wide open!!"

DON GLASS, President of the Sussex University students Union.

God, I hope that's a quick retype by you Dies Irae, and not the original!

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
It's a nice thought, but a bit off the mark.

The Brighton I know - which is my hometown - is over-populated, over-priced and full of too many people who don't actually give a shit about the place.

Saying that though, in certain parts of town i.e. Hanover, community spirit is alive and well.

I still love it though... and always will.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bhafc99 said:
God, I hope that's a quick retype by you Dies Irae, and not the original!

retype with fat fingers...LOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here