Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone fancy a game of Mornington Crescent?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
It's the second Thursday in February, which means we're playing the Wimbledon Common Variable rules. In short, you can go underground, but not overground.

Today's start - NEWBURY PARK

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Even novices know that you can't refer to Wimbledon Common Variable rules as Wimbledon Common Variable rules in the same year as a Royal Wedding. You have to call them St James Park variable rules.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
mmmmm, that would mean you've employed the reverse pimlico manoeuvre, and that can only be done if you have already passed with an earls court interchange.....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Are we playing House of Commons or House of Lords bonus plays? I'm going to assume commons and hit you with:

Baker Street

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Why does no one ever confirm whether or not the Montague Doubles Ruling is in operation BEFORE starting the game?

I'm going to take a bit of a risk, and possibly rely on a bit of a bluff, but if it pays off I think I'll have put myself in a cracking position -

DOLLIS HILL.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Interesting fact about Dollis Hill, it never existed before it was built!

Anyway in keeping with the great tradition of this game...'for those that will; Hill. For those that would; Wood'

WOOD LANE

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I'm going to bring in my Reverse Dutch Variant Joker on this game right now - a little early I know, unorthodox perhaps. But the reasons behind this maverick strategy will suddenly become abundently clear when I reveal to you that I am going to play....

BETHNAL GREEN

Take that.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I am gonna need some clarification, can you swap on a Reverse Dutch? I understand that all Variations (jokers or not) can be played on, before or after the second session of an Eastern Round but have we moved onto a point-to-point session already? If you can swap on a Reverse dutch then:

Putney Bridge

If you can't then we should revert back to a more simpler version and thus:

Colliers Wood

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sorry I Haven't a Clue how to play this, so I will leave you with this

Sun_Mornington-Crescent.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here